Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Rear speakers in a 95 Hatch

Old 11-24-2004, 08:20 AM
WeepingGelatin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speakers in a 95 Hatch

The oem speakers in my 95 se hatchback are of course in very poor condition, so I bought a pair of fairly decent 3-way speakers. I'm thinking they might be too deep to fit but thats another story. The question is how to get to the rear speakers. I've replaced the ones in the doors before, really not a big deal, door panel pops right off and there ya go, but the rear seems a bit more complicated.
Thanks
Old 11-24-2004, 09:12 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

the screen cover pops out, one side has clips and the other side has little plastic prongs that sorta hinge in there.... the OEM speaker will come out with relative ease but getting the other in will take some hell, dont worry if you use a sorta weird rotation like .... hmmm put the speaker in as far as you can then rotate it counter clockwise toward the back and push it in. at this point it will help to have a friend pullin on the plastic some so you have a little more leway. this worked for my JL Audio XR's (deeeeep cone) so i cant imagine you could have a speaker that goes back any deeper.

hope that helps.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved to Audio & Security.. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!