Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Radio sounds like crap

Old 11-20-2004, 10:57 AM
wagon89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio sounds like crap

The radio in my wagon sounds like major ass, FM reception is not really good. The deck is a JVC CD model unkown bought about a year ago from Circuit city
The speakers are infinity 405 5.25 inch two ways the rears are mounted in factory pods and the fronts are in the doors. I aquired the speakers used for free unless they are shot and I don't know it.

I really don't feel like adding a speaker box and amp IM thinking of adding component speakers in the front Car has no depth to sound.

Any ideas on why the FM reception sucks it sucked really bad with the stock deck to.

Keep in mind this car is a second winter beater
Old 11-21-2004, 10:23 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a dmm I would check to see if the attenna is really connected to the antenna input behind the deck, sounds like it might not be.

As for the general shittiness of the sound, play with the fade and balance controls on the head unit to isolate each speaker, if all sound shitty then get a new head unit, if one sounds way worse / better then that's where you should look into...

I aquired the speakers used for free unless they are shot and I don't know it.

does this mean you are only gonna pay if they are shot ? j/k