Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Speaker Wires ????!!!!$$$???

Old 11-08-2004, 11:51 AM
djnicholls
Dan Nicholls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Wires ????!!!!$$$???

Someone please help. I have a 99 Accord Saloon, but shock horror no rear speakers. I have fitted an aftermarket head unit using a wiring kit. Would the wires already be back through the car, or am I goin to have to put them in myself. If so which wires is it that i need to find/ make longer? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers Dan
Old 11-08-2004, 12:44 PM
J-Nice

Look back there and see if there are wires. Were there wires when you installed the deck that connected to the rear speakers? Go to installdr.com to get the wire color codes for your car.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
djnicholls
Dan Nicholls

Cheers J-Nice
Old 11-15-2004, 06:21 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

An accord saloon??? WTF??

The speaker wires are already there, just look on the underside of the rear deck and you'll see them there, next to each speaker opening. When you installed the aftermarket deck, i'm sure you hooked up rear speaker wires from the deck to the harness adapter. The plugs on the ends of the speaker wires (in the trunk) are kinda funky and wont directly fit aftermarket speakers, you can go to most auto parts stores and find adapters.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:31 AM
djnicholls
Dan Nicholls

Thanks for the help, I'm still kinda new to car mods, so having to learn as i go.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:16 AM
SurfNSB

Forget the rear speakers, just get a good set of components up front and throw a sub in the trunk and you'll be good.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:09 PM
superteg99

LOL I'd say there should be wires back there but you never no. When I bought my Integra there wasn't any speakers and no wire. It sucked. I had to get a wiring diagram to find the wire that went from the headunit wiring harness and then splice in 12 gauge wire into it get it to the holes in the rear. Front was the same just way harder. That is what you might have to do if there aren't any wire in the rear. But im sure there somewhere back there. It is hard when you first start out, but yall get the hang of it.