Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Need Help Fast!!!!

Old 10-25-2004, 04:28 PM
JDM_civicEG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Fast!!!!

I just installing my amp and I can figure out why I'm getting no power...I gotta ground and its connected to the battery.....help me please!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:23 PM
TTT

So you grounded you're amp all the way back to the battery? Did you check to make sure your inline fuse is not blown? I would suggest getting a test light or multimeter, makes things much easier to troubleshoot. Where is your turn on lead coming from? Are you sure that you are getting power out of that? I'm not sure what level installer you are, so I'm going to draw it out for you. There are three factors that come into play when you try to turn on your amp- that is your power wire, ground wire, and remote wire. Your power should always be 'hot', and your remote wire should only come on when your car is on, 'telling' the amp when it should cut on. Your ground wire sends the 'current' back to the battery, either through the chassis of your car or in your case directly through a wire.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:43 AM
next157

the part about the 3 wires is correct, but shouldn't the power wire be going from the battery to another fuse box before you connect to battery (hopefully u have this set up), ground wire should be going to any metal area in your car, not to the battery. I dunno what kinda set your running but thats how mine is basically setup.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:21 AM
TTT

Originally Posted by next157
the part about the 3 wires is correct, but shouldn't the power wire be going from the battery to another fuse box before you connect to battery (hopefully u have this set up), ground wire should be going to any metal area in your car, not to the battery. I dunno what kinda set your running but thats how mine is basically setup.
You have the power wire going to a fuse box???

On every single install I've ever done or seen, the power wire has gone directly to the amplifier, with and inline fuse near the battery. It seems like 100 times the unnecessary hassle to go through a fuse box with a power wire, especially the thickness of it... I sure hope you didn't do all this and I'm misunderstanding you.

Also, the ground should be connected to your chassis in some way, if the metal area that you connected your ground to does not connect to the chassis, then you will run into problems. Also, although mainly unnecessary, you can run your ground all the way back to your battery and it should work perfectly fine.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:48 AM
strychnine
i am legend

Sure your remote wire is getting power? I had a problem one time where my amp wouldn't come on because of that. I ran the remote off of the acc wire and it fixed it.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:38 PM
next157

Originally Posted by TTT
You have the power wire going to a fuse box???

On every single install I've ever done or seen, the power wire has gone directly to the amplifier, with and inline fuse near the battery.
this is what i meant, sorry for the confusion..it was late last nite