Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Adding front tweeters/rear speakers on a 2004 Honda Accord DX

Old 10-01-2004, 10:00 AM
zzvelik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding front tweeters/rear speakers on a 2004 Honda Accord DX

Hi all,

I searched these forums, but didn't find any posts about the front tweeter installations underneath the factory installed grill on an Accord DX. I know the rear of the car is prewired for speakers, but I'm not sure about the front. I'm also wondering if I should add 6x9's or 6.5" round speakers in the rear. Any information/picture is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:21 AM
strychnine
i am legend

If you're planning on adding a sub box then I wouldn't worry with rear speakers, I personally would go with some 3 way 6x9's if not. I looked into the tweeter thing but no luck as of yet.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:10 AM
zzvelik

I'm not planning on adding a box and wasn't sure if I should use 6sx9's or modify a board to fit 6.5" component speakers. I've used MB Quarts in the past and really love their imaging. They're expensive, so I'm planning on getting another brand. I'm still looking for suggestions on the tweeters since it's hard to tell how much room I've got under the grills on the dash.