Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Clifford Matrix RS3 $120 is this a good deal?

Old 09-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Moco64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Matrix RS3 $120 is this a good deal?

I saw an auction for a Clifford Matrix RS3 for $120 on ebay, its factory refurbished but it seems like a pretty good alarm... any opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38655
Old 09-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Tuphatt

This is the older version of the RS3. I think the new RS3 remote is CF and the distance is better.

I think it is not bad for price, but refurbished for an alarm is like buying a salvage title (wrecked) for a car. it is risky.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 PM
SamuraiBill

Originally Posted by Tuphatt
This is the older version of the RS3. I think the new RS3 remote is CF and the distance is better.

I think it is not bad for price, but refurbished for an alarm is like buying a salvage title (wrecked) for a car. it is risky.

Good luck!

I agree but I have heard that clifford makes a good unit.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Good luck!
this is totally BS. h:
Old 09-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Moco64

hmmmmmmmmm so are refurbished alarms good or bad?? and how much do you think an install will run me?
Old 09-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Tuphatt

Originally Posted by Samson
this is totally BS. h:
whatever, your saving a couple of bucks and risking security of your car. Okay, my mistake if you drive a Pinto it would be cool.....
Old 09-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Samson
chris is the devil

whatever, your saving a couple of bucks and risking security of your car. Okay, my mistake if you drive a Pinto it would be cool.....
refurbished items meet all the standards of NEW items... they have been revamped by the manufacurer.. its not like some guy on the corner is fixing it. h: So your previous analogy didnt work. Many items people return (unused) have to be sold as refurbished.. simply because they were opened- does that mean its any less likely to work than a new one? not at all.

Risking the security of my car? um.. even if your car has the most expensive alarm in the world.. if someone wants it.. they'll get it. period.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Tuphatt

if it is "revamped" then why are refurbished items carry less of a warranty. 30 days as opposed to a year or lifetime warranty? Something doesn't seem right. Maybe because your are taking a risk if you are getting a simply returned item or a defective item. Also, I don't know many people who buy alarms and are able to return them after installation.

Of course, everyone knows that your security is only good as your installer, but if your product sucks your installer can't do nothing about it.... If you get the right product it is one less thing to worry about. Do it right and do it once.

Save a couple of bucks and spend a couple of more later fixing it.....