Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring technique for front door speaker wires?

Old 09-26-2004, 12:13 PM
geebizzzle
sick of stock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring technique for front door speaker wires?

hey, I spent hours searching the site, and didnt find any answers for this problem. I am installing a four channel amp in my 96 civic and I am looking for a technique for running the front door speaker wires. I need to somehow get through that rubber boot.
Also, anybody try removing their front fender to make access to the boot easier?
Old 09-26-2004, 04:57 PM
TTT

I use the factory wiring and just start my wiring from behind the factory cd player. Much easier than rewiring the whole thing.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:52 PM
geebizzzle
sick of stock

so do you use the crap stock crossover that's mounted in the door?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:47 PM
TTT

Well, for now I am but eventually I will change that.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:57 PM
dave97LX
is a guitar hero

I just installed a 4-channel amp and put in all new speaker wire to all four speakers, so hopefully this is of help.

for my 97 accord, I actually took a small knife and made a vertical cut about three inches long in the rubber boot. most of the wire is protected by shrink tubing so it really doesnt matter if there's a hole in the boot or not. this makes it much easier to feed the wire through the boot.

from there, i just fed the speaker wire from inside the passenger compartment up into the boot, then reached in the hole I cut and pulled it up through the boot (tedious, i'll admit).

at the door end of the boot, there will be a wiring harness for the wires that go to the power windows and locks. you should be able to feed the speaker wire into the door through a small hole along the edge of the harness. then it's pretty easy as you can then reach into the door and pull the wire out through the speaker hole in the door.

hope that's of some help to you...good luck
Old 09-26-2004, 08:42 PM
rcurley55

Originally Posted by geebizzzle
hey, I spent hours searching the site, and didnt find any answers for this problem.
search harder next time First page of results for "rewire door" got me to this writeup I did a while back

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=71862

yes, people have taken off the fenders to get better access. I hate removing body parts b/c I don't want to have to re-align body panels.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:11 PM
geebizzzle
sick of stock

WOW, I removed my fenders because i HATE HATE HATE working in small places, and it made things infinately easier. There is sooo much more room to pull the plugs apart, and the boot that connects to the frame of the car is COMPLETELY exposed. the only downside is that the fenders are bolted under the sideskirts, and to the fenderwell, and to the bumper, and to the headlights, so i had to yank a bunch of extra stuff, and i ended up breaking like half of the rotten plastic anchors in the fender well and under the sideskirts. Who designed these things?? *SIGH* Cest la vie. Anybody know where to get these friggen anchors beside the dealership?
Well, thanks a lot for all your help. I think its gonna turn out alright.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Arfboy
Diamond Audio turns me on

I removed both doors on my 97 Accord to run new 12ga speaker wire. I didn't wanna deal with squeezing wire through the small holes in the rubber boot, so I drilled bigger ones.

It was quite a pain adjusting my doors so they closed the same way again. :rofl:
Old 09-28-2004, 04:35 AM
flyromeo3

The EASIEST WAY TO DO IT IS THIS WAY.

From be hind the head unit take the rear right speaker line and connect it to the front right speaker line.
Then do rear left and tie together to front left.You dont have to cut any insulation, plus the stock wiring is more than enough to insulate the wiring.

Then the only thing you will need to do in the rear is run speaker wire from the speaker wire connecting the rear speakers to your front outputs, then run another pair of speaker wires from the rear speakers to the rear outputs.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:10 AM
rcurley55

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
The EASIEST WAY TO DO IT IS THIS WAY.

From be hind the head unit take the rear right speaker line and connect it to the front right speaker line.
Then do rear left and tie together to front left.You dont have to cut any insulation, plus the stock wiring is more than enough to insulate the wiring.

Then the only thing you will need to do in the rear is run speaker wire from the speaker wire connecting the rear speakers to your front outputs, then run another pair of speaker wires from the rear speakers to the rear outputs.
WTF are you talking about....he wants to REWIRE THE DOORS WITH NEW WIRES!!!!