Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

wiring technique for front door speaker wires?

Old 09-28-2004, 09:05 AM
flyromeo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcurley55
WTF are you talking about....he wants to REWIRE THE DOORS WITH NEW WIRES!!!!
WTF R U TALKING ABOUT??......

He didnt mentioning wanting to REWIRE the DOORS with new ONES>....

"I am installing a four channel amp in my 96 civic and I am looking for a technique for running the front door speaker wires. I need to somehow get through that rubber boot"

instead of running wires through the boot which is a waste of time.
He could do the alternative and read the post I left which is the way I ran my speaker wire.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM
rcurley55

If this:

running the front door speaker wires. I need to somehow get through that rubber boot

Doesn't equate running new speaker wire, then I don't know what does....

Regardless if he does/doesn't want to run new lines, your explanation still makes no sense and doesn't solve his problem
Old 09-28-2004, 02:38 PM
dave97LX
is a guitar hero

Like I said in my post earlier, I just made a small cut in the boot so that I could feed it through easier. That made it much more painless to feed 16ga wire through.

The door still shuts the same, wires are still protected, so who really cares if there's a hole in the boot?

That's just my opinion. Eight weeks later, it's working perfectly for me.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:21 PM
rcurley55

but the point remains the same that on some cars, you still must drill the molex connector - to drill the connector, you have to disassemble the entire boot. While you are there, why not do it properly by hiding the wires and not cutting anything?

Of course, you have an Accord and we are talking civics here...
Old 09-29-2004, 09:03 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by rcurley55
but the point remains the same that on some cars, you still must drill the molex connector - to drill the connector, you have to disassemble the entire boot. While you are there, why not do it properly by hiding the wires and not cutting anything?

Of course, you have an Accord and we are talking civics here...

not sure how it doesnt make sense whether or not thats what he wants to do.
A simple alternative to hooking up your front speakers to your amp WITHOUT running front door speaker wires from the amp.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:44 AM
rcurley55

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
not sure how it doesnt make sense whether or not thats what he wants to do.
A simple alternative to hooking up your front speakers to your amp WITHOUT running front door speaker wires from the amp.

ok, ok, I see what you are getting at....that would be an alternative way to go about it....*gulp* you have a point...
Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Toyz51

Basically there are 3 ways to do things.

1: Use the factory wires from the deck to the door and just mount the crossovers between the door and the door panel (if you have an external crossover). The dissadvantage is that the factory wire is pretty thin and you will only have one set of wires going to the door.

2: Run new wires through the factory molex plug by drilling a hole in an unused area on the plug. Dissadvantages: There is a chance of drilling through the wires that are there and you will be cussing the whole time because of the small area to work in.

3: (BEST WAY) Pull the fenders and run the wires through a grommet and boot above the factory one on the car and then through the door. I did mine this way since I have two pairs of speaker wires and four 12 gauge wires for my window roll up. Pulling the fenders seems like a lot of work, but it doens't take too much time and saves a lot of headache.