Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

CD player stays turned on

Old 09-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Ross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player stays turned on

after i shut my car off my Alpine CD player 7893 stays turned on even when i take the key out of the car....but it has only done this a few times, the first time i did not think any thing of it, but the last 2 times its done it was in the last week the CD player has been in the car for 1 year and this problem has only started happining in the last month....o one more thing, the CD player is on but will not play music, it is in like a standby mode with only the lights on and the clock on. when i turn the key part way on then back off the player shuts off

any ideas?
Old 09-11-2004, 08:46 AM
strychnine
i am legend

thats a little above my level, check all your connections, especially the switched 12v, maybe the other part runs on a constant and the switched is loose. i dunno.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

Any deck is pulling some current when the car is "off" just to maintain radio and clock settings, but it's so little it won't kill your battery or anything, kinda like an alarm does. Sounds kinda like a defect in the deck where when it's in this standby mode it also is lighting up the display, try cutting the yellow wire (on my car a 96 civic that's where that current comes in and think that's all hondas too) on the back of the deck and though you'll lose clock and radio settings every time you turn the car off it won't do that anymore, remember to not just let the wire hang loose though, insulate it.

That's just one idea, maybe contact Alpine?
Old 09-13-2004, 12:26 PM
J-Nice

it means your memory wire is connected directly to your power. Make your memory connect to your memory on the car and that will fix it. The memory off the deck will be yellow. Not sure about the car but if you got the wiring harness adapter it would be the same color