Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Aftermarket HU and OEM Security

Old 09-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket HU and OEM Security

I know this has been covered at one point in time, but I want to lay all my cards on the table to make sure this will work before I get it.

We've had a rash of car break-ins at my school lately and I want to install an OEM alarm in my car. I don't want to do an aftermarket one because: 1) I don't want another person working on my car when I can do it myself. 2) I don't want to splice into ANY factory wiring harnesses.
My car is a 96 Civic LX with power windows/locks. It came with an AM/FM tuner from the factory and was removed and replaced with an Alpine unit. My car did not come from the factory with keyless entry, but the wiring harness is there to plug into the module on the top of the original radio. The module did not come with the car either. As everyone knows in the HAN scene, in order to keep the dome light on when you open the door, you need to bury the factory radio in the dash with the green plug plugged into the back of the radio. I figured out a way to jumper that plug to keep the dome light and take the factory radio out of the car. I hope this is all making sense.
What I want to do is to put a factory alarm in the car as you can purchase the security unit from Honda (P/N: 08E51-S01-101F) I may be wrong, but I believe this unit comes with two relays, a fuse, directions, fuse panel cover sheet, decals, etc. What else am I going to need? Do I need to put the factory radio back in the car for programing? Has anyone done this before?

Can anyone lead me in any direction to help me out? Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-13-2004, 06:19 PM
99IntegraGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scosche has quite a few wiring harnesses to help bypass the crap in a civic. Go here to see if they have anything that might be helpful. I bought a harness from this company when I owned a '97 Civic.

http://www.scosche.com/applications.aspx

I just bought an OEM keyless entry/alarm system for my '99 Integra... it took quite a few hours to install... like 6-8 hours. It required me to remove the nose of my car to mount the siren in an place that no one could get to it. I also had to mount a switch in the hood. It was a bear to install, the area under the dash is tough to work in, but the thing turned out perfect. I am quite pleased with my purchase/install.