Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

I failed my first attempt

Old 08-13-2002, 03:04 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I failed my first attempt

I tried to disassemble the front door panels, but somehow they were stuck. i found all the screws and clips attached to them but still couldn't pull them out. what's the deal? btw, it's a 6gen accord sedan
Old 08-13-2002, 05:02 PM
b00gers

gentle force. =D
Old 08-13-2002, 06:58 PM
steveng

problem solved. i cut out the back of the factory braket and put the new speaker in easily. but now how am i gonna change the wires since they are zipped up behind the metal. last question is, there are two sets of + and - connecters on each woofer, which set should goes to the xover and do i have to solder the wires on the woofers too?
thank you Will. you are the man
Old 08-13-2002, 08:23 PM
LjN_728

what the heck?!? don't take the easy way out man. do the job correctly! Ok let me try to help u out on this one. First of all lets locate all the screws on the door panel. You got one behind the door handel. Just remove the little plastic flap and unscrew. Then the other screw is located where the drivers armrest is. You kno how there's that area on the armrest that has a hole-like. Just unscrew it. But that's not all!! ok u kno how u took the one screw out from the door handle. Now there's a trick to the handle. It just doesn't pull out. You have to shift it to the side, i think to ur right, and then it comes out. When that comes off, there's this metal bar mechanism connected to the handle. Removed that.

Let me remind u that u have to remove the plastic panel covering the side mirrors. That's easy...just pull it out. There's a total of 3 prongs of something holding it in.

Once u have taken the side mirror covering and the door handle off, simply go on the outer edges of the door panel and pull the plugs out of the door. Don't worry about breaking them cuz they won't. They'll most like break if u don't pull it back carefully.

Honestly man, do it correctly cuz u don't wanna mess anything up. Hope this info helped
Old 08-13-2002, 08:32 PM
steveng

LjN_728 thanx for the help, but i have figured it out already and have put the new speakers in. my last questions are about wiring. if you have time to help me out once again, please read them. thank you bro
Old 08-13-2002, 11:05 PM
LjN_728

Oh you're not going to run the components with a 4 channel amp?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:48 AM
steveng

no, im gonna either unplug the rear speakers until i can find a good set i like or power them from the deck. the deck im gonna have has 60w x4 rated power. so that should be enough for the rear
Old 08-14-2002, 05:13 PM
LjN_728

oh ok then...let me try to think here. Yea i kno how there's 4 different wires leading in the harness. See I never cared about that cuz i just ran new wires thru since i was running a 4 channel amp. When I saw those 4 wires, i was like which one's the (+) and (-). If nobody here answers that one, your best bet is to go to a audio shop and ask them for the harness that connects to the factory one. That way u have something that forsure fits. What color were the wires again?