Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

V1 Permanent Hard-wiring help please

Old 08-08-2004, 09:52 PM
hoyoung02
HEAT:Shift_TechkaV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V1 Permanent Hard-wiring help please

I have bought my Uncle's V1 because he got a Speeding ticket, hard-cash 200 bucks, and he had no way of paying it. So I tolled him I'd buy it for 250 cash, so here is where I run into troubles..
I have posted a story about the cord we were having problems with the St. John Nissan dealer, it ended up cool, no more hating on each other, the dealer tolled me they would pay for the wire if I ordered it from online and gave them the receipt, $20 bucks.

The Cord came in last night, with "NO" instructions with them. I looked thru the V1 Website about how to install the darn cord, and all I found was "if you aren't good with the electronic, go see your local pro."
I own a 02 Accord, and I plan to hook this on the driver-side fuse box.

1. Two wires to connect, one is black and one is red.
2. I know the black one goes to the Grounding.
3. The red-wire has to be clamp-hooked with the power.

My question is, where do I Clamp the red-wire to? I saw green and red wire in the fuse-box, and I believe it's either one of them; any one did to their car?
Thanks for reading my long question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC04117.JPG (22.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 08-08-2004, 10:50 PM
lgbr
Wal-Mart Shopper

Before you go splicing anything, hit radio shack and get a multitester. Sounds like you've got grounding down. There's a few places you can get power from. Look for some wire coming from the ignition switch, should be yellow. That's the accessory lead, you can splice off that.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:57 PM
hoyoung02

Originally Posted by lgbr
Before you go splicing anything, hit radio shack and get a multitester. Sounds like you've got grounding down. There's a few places you can get power from. Look for some wire coming from the ignition switch, should be yellow. That's the accessory lead, you can splice off that.
aw, the yellow one ay?
i was going to hit up one of the accessory stores(bestbuy, RS, pepboyz, my uncle <- him and his car work for 25 years.) before I do anything to the wires. I'll be sure to hit up radio-shack tomorrow for some more detailed info if they know any.
I was thinking about the local Honda-Dealer, but dealers come last on anything on my list due to the bad experiments.
thanks for help, if you have any additional information about this work, please comment it, thanks!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:17 AM
saga
broke college kid

maybe i'm stupid. what's a V1?
Old 08-09-2004, 08:49 PM
hoyoung02

Originally Posted by saga
maybe i'm stupid. what's a V1?

Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 PM
saga
broke college kid

I thought it was either radar or a radio.