Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

XM radio and roof "bump"?

Old 07-30-2004, 06:13 AM
dazco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM radio and roof "bump"?

Is this what i've seen in the honda catalogs? Some of the accords have this bump or "wart" on the roof that i think is the XM radio antenna. Am i right about this? I was about to buy an EX with leather and i find that with leather you get XM, which i would NEVER consider subscribing to. So now i end up with this ugly thing on the roof that i don't even need. This may seem trivial to some, but it really bothers me. I've been contemplating going with an EX without leather to save a good chunk of cash, and this may be the deciding factor !
Old 07-30-2004, 10:07 AM
ak3883

The "bump" is indeed the antenna for the XM radio. New addition for the 2004 Accord, at least on the EX, I guess just on the EX-L and EX-V6 if you said the std. EX doesn't have it. It's not really that big, is it? Don't know how easily it could come off.

I know a few people that said they were not interested in XM, they tried it out and said they will never go back! I think you get like 3 months free trial when you purchase a new car with one, of course this is to "hook" you to it, but I know you do have to call and "activate" it when you buy a car w/ it.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:19 PM
dazco

I have a friend with XM, so i already know i don't want it. Just bothers me having that antenna thingy on the roof when i won't even be using it.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:21 PM
saga
broke college kid

chisel + hammer and it's gone. then get some touch up paint from the dealer
Old 08-10-2004, 12:47 AM
tegryder23
cgp dc4

yup my dad just bought a brand new accord and it has XM radio in it. I didnt buy XM at first but after listeining to it in his car...i think i may get it myself. But yes the dealer gives you a 3 month subscription to XM radio...after that you choose whether to keep it or not. He got the Accord V-6 model with charcoal leather