Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Installing Infinity 6 1/2 in 2000 HB

Old 08-07-2004, 01:05 PM
NWHatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Infinity 6 1/2 in 2000 HB

Trying to install infinity 6 1/2's in the front but the cone is too large for the opening. Car Toys (idiots who i bought it from) said that it should be a perfect fit. Any ideas?
Old 08-07-2004, 06:35 PM
owen996

I had the same problem in my '96 Accord Coupe. What I did, I cut off the back of the baskets that hold the stock speakers, you dont really need them. I had to cut two holes and zip ties the little boxes that are included with the speakers. Then, after creating some new scew holes, I was able to screw the speakers into the door. They worked for about 2 months, did the install last November, went to crank up my radio, hit the wrong button for super base, and killed the woofer, something to be aware of...

By the way, I installed 6.5 Infinity Kappas, cant remember the model number, but this may help you, PM me if you need more help...
Old 08-08-2004, 11:00 PM
lgbr
Wal-Mart Shopper

Speakers are very easy to fit. If its a close but not quite there, go to Sears and get some tin snips.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:13 AM
saga
broke college kid

You can always go back to Car Toys and bitch at them.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
owen996

Originally Posted by lgbr
Speakers are very easy to fit. If its a close but not quite there, go to Sears and get some tin snips.
No, these are not easy to fit, they have their own basket which interferes with the basket that is holding the stock speakers in. When I did mine I thought I was going to have to send them back, but like I said, I just cut the basket part off the stock holder but kept the ring because I needed it for distance from the outside of the door.