Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

accessory power for MP3 player in 2004 Odyssey

Old 07-18-2004, 01:48 PM
deitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accessory power for MP3 player in 2004 Odyssey

I have sent some private notices, but...

Does anyone have any ideas for getting accessory power and ground to an aftermarket MP3 player? (Yes, I am new to the Odyssey). The audio is provided by RCA L/R connected to a PIE CD-changer-port to AUX input converter. However, I also need to connect the power wire to accessory power and ground wire to the ground.

Option 1: Get an appropriate harness. Anyone know the right harness, and where I plug it in? Is there an available jack below the steering column or nearby?

Option 2: Get power from the CD changer port. Anyone know the pinout and which ones provide accessory power? Will that provide enough to power both the PIE converter *and* the MP3 player? What is the amperage rating?

Option 3: Direct wire. OK, I admit it, I am not sure where to direct-wire it to!

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:21 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

I got your email...

you can go to the cigarette lighter/power port... the center wire is the positive and the ground is the outer wire. This will probably be the easiest method... this will give you power that is switched with the key... if you want constant power, you can go to the radios harness... which I Dont have the colors right now cause i'm not home, but if you want to do this let me know and I will get you the colors.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:33 AM
deitch

Default power port and/or radio harness

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the email worked or not.

For #1, are you recommending that I go down the center panel and tap directly on to the lighter power-port wiring? I believe I have a diagram for it, so I should be OK with that.

For #2, yes, please, do post the wiring diagram. That gives me the option to go either way.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:01 AM
deitch

Default It worked!

Thank you for your help. I wired it directly to the power going to the cigarette lighter / power port, then tested with a voltmeter at all ends. It works like a charm. Thank you for your help.