Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Amp and Sub choices

Old 05-24-2004, 10:32 AM
lindsj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp and Sub choices

I know this is mostly opinion, especially when I am looking at decent equipment, but I am new to the 2 voice coil issue for subs. In one car I have a 10" Pioneer Bandpass running off a RF 75W amp. I find that to be adequate, but we are adding a sub to the new teg.

The amp I am looking at is the Alpine MRD-M300 ($330 down to $200 on Crutchfield). I like the specs on the amp and it is in the right price range for me (under $200)

What I am not really sure about is the Sub. I have no idea what to purchase for a sub. I am pretty sure I want 10" in a type 1 box. I want tight bass, not thumping bass. I was thinking about the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1d but I have no idea about the dual voice coils, and they are $190, I was hoping to keep sub + box under about $200. I like Infinity, as I have them as components in the teg now.

Can anyone help with a recommendation, I really don't know what 10" to buy in the $150 (maybe up to $200 if it is worth it) price range.