Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

components vs two way/three way.....ect...

Old 08-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default components vs two way/three way.....ect...

What is truely the advantage over haveing component speakers over two way's/ three way's? Is it more responsive or something? Stonger cause it's in it's own?

Also what are the risks of haveing a two way and an external tweeter all coming from the same outlet in the head unit? It seems to still do the job but the two way's are loosing a bit of power. It's just sharing the wattage right? Is it the same amount of shared wattage as a three way?Would it sound better if I take the tweets out and just let the two way's on their own?
Old 08-06-2002, 09:02 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

this was covered like 4 weeks ago.
components have better crossovers giving a better smooth transition in frequencies between tweets and woofers.
engineers tend to make 2 and 3 ways with the tweeter coming out of the center of the woofer... thus having an uncomplete woofer, affecting midbass qualities.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:11 AM
b00gers

i would say the quality of the xovers.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:30 AM
derf
Spec5

i think having more than 1 speaker connected to each of the 4 connections of the HU is bad... it makes an ohm load most HUs aren't able to handle stably... thats what the crutchfield guy told me at least :cool:
Old 08-07-2002, 10:42 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by derf
i think having more than 1 speaker connected to each of the 4 connections of the HU is bad... it makes an ohm load most HUs aren't able to handle stably... thats what the crutchfield guy told me at least :cool:
the crossover compenent setups have the speakers each runnign at 8 ohm i believe and then run parrallel on the xover giving it a stable 4 ohm load
Old 08-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Duff Man

Originally posted by derf
actually I was just told the same :( Makes sense though