Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

components vs two way/three way.....ect...

Old 08-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default components vs two way/three way.....ect...

What is truely the advantage over haveing component speakers over two way's/ three way's? Is it more responsive or something? Stonger cause it's in it's own?

Also what are the risks of haveing a two way and an external tweeter all coming from the same outlet in the head unit? It seems to still do the job but the two way's are loosing a bit of power. It's just sharing the wattage right? Is it the same amount of shared wattage as a three way?Would it sound better if I take the tweets out and just let the two way's on their own?
Old 08-06-2002, 09:02 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

this was covered like 4 weeks ago.
components have better crossovers giving a better smooth transition in frequencies between tweets and woofers.
engineers tend to make 2 and 3 ways with the tweeter coming out of the center of the woofer... thus having an uncomplete woofer, affecting midbass qualities.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:11 AM
b00gers

i would say the quality of the xovers.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:30 AM
derf
Spec5

i think having more than 1 speaker connected to each of the 4 connections of the HU is bad... it makes an ohm load most HUs aren't able to handle stably... thats what the crutchfield guy told me at least
Old 08-07-2002, 10:42 AM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

Originally posted by derf
i think having more than 1 speaker connected to each of the 4 connections of the HU is bad... it makes an ohm load most HUs aren't able to handle stably... thats what the crutchfield guy told me at least
the crossover compenent setups have the speakers each runnign at 8 ohm i believe and then run parrallel on the xover giving it a stable 4 ohm load
Old 08-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Duff Man

Originally posted by derf
actually I was just told the same Makes sense though