Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Work Ethic/office moral/ect ect

Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 AM
CuppyCake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work Ethic/office moral/ect ect

Well
You see
I have a problem here at work and Im not sure what the professional way to go about it is, here is the story,

The receptionist that took my position when I got my insurance license has now been here for 6 months. Shes...okay. By now she should be able to do her main job and tasks, and add some others on.

The past 2 days Ive asked her to fax a few things for me cause Ive been pretty busy, she looks at me like 'youre incredulous for asking me to do this crap'..and gives me a huge attitude...and basically acts like Im asking her to perform surgery.

Then today, her and one of the other ladies were leaving for their usual half day wednesday..a phone call comes in at 11:57, she buzzes me and says 'Allison so and so is on the phone with a billing question and Im leaving at noon, can you talk to her' I was all ."WHAT?!?!??" This lady was JUST on vacation last week and I stayed on MY halfday on wedneday to cover so there wasnt just ONE person in the office, and she has the NERVE to say that shit to me...its not like she does anything important on her halfdays. Then shes all 'The fax isnt printing right can you fix it Its noon and Im suppose to be leaving'

What the hell do I do??? I feel like I cant tell my boss (my mother)...cause then she'd either be all 'Who cares just do it be the better person' OR she'll confront the receptionist and this woman will think Im some snotty little brat who thinks she can bitch to the boss about everyone cause shes my mother. And thats not how it is.

Ugh. what would you do
Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 AM
JCEN
Z0chicks

I'd cry to mommy
Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
CuppyCake

Originally Posted by JCEN
I'd cry to mommy

why so I can look like the jerk that tattles?

Ive never had this much of a problem with another employee since I Started working here.
The other lady thats been here second longest to my mother, her and I get on eachothers nerves, but we like eachother...and we both get testy when its really busy..afterall..its her and I handling the personal lines ourselves. Plus accounting/marketing duties
ShaolinLueb

solve it yourself. look at your watch and say "you still got 3 minutes, I have stayed plenty of times later then I was suppossed to."
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would reiterate what her job entails as well as the heirarchy in the office. Also letting her know that if she can't fulfill those duties and needs you will be forced to find someone who can and will. Sometimes these tasks require a little extra time on the clock and should be finished before leaving for the day.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
CuppyCake

Originally Posted by ShaolinLueb
solve it yourself. look at your watch and say "you still got 3 minutes, I have stayed plenty of times later then I was suppossed to."
I heard her in my moms office bitching before she did leave, and Im pretty sure I heard mother say something to that effect, about how I always stay whole days on my half days so we arent short handed in the office, and I never have to be asked, I always volunteer.

Originally Posted by Nightshade
I would reiterate what her job entails as well as the heirarchy in the office. Also letting her know that if she can't fulfill those duties and needs you will be forced to find someone who can and will. Sometimes these tasks require a little extra time on the clock and should be finished before leaving for the day.
True, but I cant be the person that tells her that, other than my mom there is one other person higher than me, the office manager...for christ sakes I sent her an email while she was on vacation reiterating the procedures for filing client documents in their files...upon noticing some things werent right...and she took it to my mom and was all 'allison sent me this email and I did NOT appreciate it at all. She shouldnt be the one dictating to me what to do'

Im like...'BITCH I TRAINED YOU!! AND I DIDNT TRAIN YOU TO DO THINGS LIKE THAT YOURE JUST DUMB'
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well then communication has broken down and it's a power play at this point.

Honestly you need to sit down wit the office manager and discuss the issue and the possibility of finding someone else. I the two of you can't work together or one party is unwilling to then you need to find someone who can and will.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:39 AM
ShaolinLueb

agh lazy people. want to get paid for doing nothing. see os much of it these days. you should ask her if daddy paid for everything when she was younger? h:
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
CuppyCake

Originally Posted by ShaolinLueb
agh lazy people. want to get paid for doing nothing. see os much of it these days. you should ask her if daddy paid for everything when she was younger? h:
No you know what it is? And it pisses me off and I hate even saying this.

and no offense to anyone on here...

but she is THE TYPICAL army wife. Her husband is a 3-star retired general...so shes living off his funds and always has. They live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in this area in a huge house..thats why she is the way she is....because she thinks that shes better than me.

Im all 'ORLY????'
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

Kill her.

or don't work for family, that way when you "go to the boss," it's going to the boss and not going to your family.