Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Honda changer to Alpine deck?

Old 03-04-2004, 03:05 PM
OSX2000
Do what must be done.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda changer to Alpine deck?

Stock 6 disc Honda CD changer to plug into an Alpine 7893 head unit...possible? How so?
Old 03-04-2004, 04:43 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

there is a way to connect the 2 of them... but it is hard to explain... and I cant guarantee it would work. Alpine does make an adapter to use an Ai-Net changer with an M-Bus headunit (the reverse of what you're trying to do)... but only certain changers support it. So theres no way to know if it will work or not without actually trying it.

If I had a Honda changer, i'd definatly try to come up with an adapter to make it work (or at least see if it would work).

Keep in mind, The honda changers are made by alpine, and use the same connectors, but use a different wirring configuration. So an alpine changer cannot be directly plugged into a honda radio... and a honda changer cannot be plugged directly into an alpine deck.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:00 PM
prdufresne

Default Bus specifications

You seem to know a thing or two about the bus, can you point me in the direction of specifications and pin-outs so that I can build an adapter to work with the DVD player I'm installing?

Incidentally, the stock DVD player being installed in the Odyssey EX-RES uses an FM transmitter to integrate with the stock deck. How lame is that!