Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Polk Momo Component Questions

Old 01-06-2004, 10:41 AM
rgbpmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polk Momo Component Questions

I have a 95 Integra GSR

I want to put some 6.5" component speakers up front. I have alot of knowledge with installing speakers, decks, subs, amps and etc. In crutchfield it says that the polk momo components wont fit. Is this just because of the bolt pattern not exact. If so i can just drill the correct holes in the door. Or is it the depth. Or both. I was wondering before i buy the speakers and without having to trial and error some crap.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2004, 03:08 PM
BrownGuy

Originally posted by rgbpmp
In crutchfield it says that the polk momo components wont fit. Is this just because of the bolt pattern not exact. If so i can just drill the correct holes in the door. Or is it the depth. Or both.
It won't fit probably cause of the depth of the speakers... the magnet on the speakers may be too large. You might be able to install them by putting a spacer between the speakers for them to fit in.

But just to be on the safe side, you might want to call up Crutchfield and ask them why the speakers won't fit your Integra.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:58 PM
mitsurugi

Originally posted by ImportCarTuner
It won't fit probably cause of the depth of the speakers... the magnet on the speakers may be too large.
That's what I was thinking when I read the post too. Doors on Honda cars (acura too) aren't particularly deep, and since those are more expensive components and probably have large magnets.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:24 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

It is due to the depth of the speakers. Find the top mount depth on the website, then remove one of the speakers and measure the depth available. There is a plastic "basket" behind the speaker, which can easily be cut to allow the larger magnets to fit, but I say to measure to be sure the magnets wont hit the window when its down. You can also use spacers, either made out of MDF or plastic ones are available at stereo shops, to gain a little extra depth if needed, but then you need to make sure the door panel will fit on and there will still be clearance for the woofer to move freely.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:59 AM
dawrenn

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
There is a plastic "basket" behind the speaker, which can easily be cut to allow the larger magnets to fit, but I say to measure to be sure the magnets wont hit the window when its down.
I did that when I installed my speakers.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:21 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

just cut the baskets, or cut them and then window hit the magnet??