Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Interior Antenna set-up

Old 12-24-2003, 12:56 PM
mitsurugi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Antenna set-up

Hello everyone- I usually post in the Civic forum but this time I have an audio issue. Here it goes.

I have a 94 Civic with the manual retractable antenna. My antenna was broken (couldn't push it in and out) so I went to the junkyard and found one off of a 95dx. I pulled my antenna out using the string method (attaching a string to the old antenna so you can guide the new one in) but the string broke off on me when trying to install the new antenna. So, here I am trying to guide the antenna through the door pillar down inside my car. This is a pain in the ass to do btw.

After trying for several hours I decided to go a different route. I plugged the antenna in, and ran the antenna (wires and all) under my passenger side carpet next to the door. And miraculously, I get excellent reception So, now the only problem is a hole in the roof where the antenna was. But, I found this http://www.inlinefour.com/92civanbloco.html which I think will look pretty good in place of that.

A question for the audio gurus: Next to the antenna under the carpet I also have my 4 guage power wire for my sub (Kicker L7, amp, cap, etc) setup in my trunk. This doesn't seem to affect reception, but is this ok for the wires to be close? If not, what route should I take?

Basically, I just wanted to share with you guys my pain and also my progress with the antenna set up and see what you thought of it. Does this seem ok to use this set up inside the car? Thanks for any replies and comments.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:15 PM
96GreenCivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool idea for the antenna