Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

CB Radio...

Old 12-14-2003, 04:40 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Radio...

...looking for some information on CB Radios. I drive a truck, and the one we had in there, although never quite working properly, died. My father bought it new from a local radio shop, I guess it was "re-built" for more power... although its quite obvious the guy had no clue what he was doing, because it barely picked up anything. There was also a lot of electrical interference... when you'd hit the brakes, turn on the heat... anything, there would be a really obnoxious whine from the CB.

I'm looking for some input as to what to look for in a new radio, what to keep in mind to avoid interference, whats the best for antennas (one or 2, what type... etc).

Someone on has to know a thing or 2 about these things.

My friends father runs a 2 way radio business, and i'm temped to talk to him, but I have to wait till I can make the trek to Vermont. In the mean time, I want to see if anyone here has any information they can share. I really dont know jack about these things, so a minor schooling would be nice!

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:32 PM
acuradriva

you might wanna ask on a truck board. i don't think anyone here has a cb
Old 12-24-2003, 11:26 PM
MDXMan

There are several sites where you can get all the information about CB radios and antennas including specially tunned CB radios to enhance their performance.

One of the better places to get all this information on antennas and even links to suppliers and modifiers is: www.firestik.com/index.htm.

For great technical advice for truckers: www.wilsonantenna.com