Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Crossover location?

Old 12-10-2003, 04:27 AM
prodigalson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossover location?

I bought a set of CDT Audio's 6.5" components (the CL-61's) for my 5th gen Civic sedan and I'm trying to figure out a good place to put the crossovers. I have heard that they can be put in the door but I'm not sure where. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2003, 04:32 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

anywhere you can hide it... in behind the speaker, etc... crossovers are usually passive devices that can be easily hidden.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:14 AM
prodigalson

Well, I 'd like to keep the xovers near the doors. I thought about putting them under the dash but there is no room there so maybe under the seats. The door would be most convenient but I don't want to put it anyplace where water will get to it, namely in the area between the metal panels. Only area that is left is on the interior side of the metal skin, behind the trim panel, but I don't believe that there is any room there....
Old 12-10-2003, 05:21 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by prodigalson
Well, I 'd like to keep the xovers near the doors. I thought about putting them under the dash but there is no room there so maybe under the seats. The door would be most convenient but I don't want to put it anyplace where water will get to it, namely in the area between the metal panels. Only area that is left is on the interior side of the metal skin, behind the trim panel, but I don't believe that there is any room there....

saw this in another thread and thought it may give you an idea.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:59 AM
prodigalson

Actually, it looks like a good spot. Doesn't look like a Civic door but I'll see if I can do something like it. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2003, 11:06 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

there is also space on both sides of the steering wheel underneath the plastic cover(metal to mount to also) and behind the glove box depending on car......

also, look in front of the shifter console....i have a whole factory dech stashed behind there for sercurity/keyless entry to work.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:49 AM
prodigalson

Thanks for the suggestions. It ended up fitting in the same place as in the picture. Thanks again!!