Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Yay! New Stereo

Old 12-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Technodigifreak
Hot-Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yay! New Stereo

My clarion DXZ835MP died again! after already being replaced once before---exact same problem as before---plastic gear slipping on the cd-loading mechanism---

so the headunit is on its way back to clarion--and the guys at the shop who installed it gave me full credit towards a different headunit, I chose the Premier DEH-850MP, i've only had it for a few hours and I'm already in love. While i was at it, i picked up a pair of Memphis Audio 6.5's and 6x9's, got those installed now.

Everything sounds sweet

now i just need to pick up 2-12's and an amp

looks like i'm gonna go with the Elemental designs subs, but i can't decide between the A,K, or O series

My replacement amp is gonna be an Avionix or TRU

and i'm gonna build a fiberglass enclosure in place of my rear seat to house my subs and showcase my amp

---I know, I know--I'll post pics once i get my subs and the enclosure finished
Old 12-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Default Re: Yay! New Stereo

Originally posted by Technodigifreak
My clarion DXZ835MP died again! after already being replaced once before---exact same problem as before---plastic gear slipping on the cd-loading mechanism---

so the headunit is on its way back to clarion--and the guys at the shop who installed it gave me full credit towards a different headunit, I chose the Premier DEH-850MP, i've only had it for a few hours and I'm already in love. While i was at it, i picked up a pair of Memphis Audio 6.5's and 6x9's, got those installed now.

Everything sounds sweet

now i just need to pick up 2-12's and an amp

looks like i'm gonna go with the Elemental designs subs, but i can't decide between the A,K, or O series

My replacement amp is gonna be an Avionix or TRU

and i'm gonna build a fiberglass enclosure in place of my rear seat to house my subs and showcase my amp

---I know, I know--I'll post pics once i get my subs and the enclosure finished

Hell yea!! You ARE NOT going to be disappointed with those ED subs. This is coming from someone who was a former owner Do you have any plans to amp those components you have up there?? Please post pics! :thumbup:
Old 12-04-2003, 07:55 PM
97teg

you sub choice will probably depend on power. The k's are probably the best value, o's sound awesome and even the 10's can hit very low in the proper enclosure. A's need a lot of power from what i hear. I really like my 12k though it just needs a bit bigger box.