Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Just thought I'd Share !

Old 11-28-2003, 11:04 PM
honura
Seni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just thought I'd Share !

Don't move this post ! This "civic 1992+" is my home !

Anyways I went and got another Sub today and I was gonna buy a box but figured it will cost me like $20-$30 to make one MY WAY instead of paying for one thats not what I would like . So anyways here it is . Just thought I'd share it with you guys since everyone is always looking for something to do to there rides !

HERE I STARTED THE BOX

HERE IS THE BOX PUT TOGETHER "not finished"

It's not finished yet I wanna wrap it in vinyl !!!!!

Tomm Im gonna sand it all down and make the coroners round instead of sharp ends . I think it will look better that way . Also if your thinking why I put the subs so far apart "REASON IS" I dont know how a sealed box will sound in my trunk and if I don't like it I will be able to port the box ! and the back I forgot to get the things to hook up the wire ohh well it will get done tomm !

Hope you guys like it !
Old 11-29-2003, 01:16 AM
Civic2Scooby

hope you put a divider between the two seperate speaker compartments...also I hope you looked up the air space specs for what the sub is supposed to have and whether or not it is supposed to be ported or not. There is a lot that goes into building a box...you cant just slap some MDF board together and expect it to sound amazing.....not to rag on the box...just mite want to do it right before you spend money on vinyl and such.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:01 AM
Dubs
Just wait...

Yea, when boxing subs there are lots of specs you have to check on before just throwing together the wood and calling it done. Your subs could blow if it's not done right...
Old 11-29-2003, 08:11 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what W series are those? If they're W3 or W6, that box is way too big. And as b16a said, you really need to put a divider in there.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:55 AM
cobbcustomz

for multiple subs a divider is needed. and the proper cubic volume is needed for a sealed/ported box.

Looks like good work on the box :thumbup:
Old 11-29-2003, 12:01 PM
honura
Seni

Yeah everything was done to the proper specs . The only thing is I made it an inch ½ bigger on the sides just incase the box being sealed did'nt sound right I could port it . And Yes it has a divider ! Umm yeah man The F*&king box sounds SICK ! Crazy BASS . I like it a lot . They are W6 One is the older one . The other one is a W6 as well but its an aniversary edition there both rated to the same thing just one is grey logo the other white .
Old 11-29-2003, 12:26 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That box still looks too big...

Did you use this: http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pd...12W6AE_MAN.pdf
Old 11-29-2003, 12:45 PM
honura
Seni

Yeah thats the same for the 10" thats what I have . Anyways like you said it looks to big it is big because I made each side 1½ inchs bigger . Thats 3inchs bigger and thats a lot .
Old 11-29-2003, 01:10 PM
cobbcustomz

good to see you used specs/divider. Nice work. what color vinyl you gonna go with?
Old 11-30-2003, 05:14 PM
lime91crx

do you know or could you find out what i have to do to make a 89 integra mototr its a d16a1 with dual overhead cams but my crx is an hf what do i need to do to make it fit. i was thinking an si transmission but i wanted to see first