Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

98 Honda Accord EX Specifications

Old 10-20-2003, 07:26 AM
ChrisBrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Honda Accord EX Specifications

I just bought a 98 Accord EX in perfect condition - it seems and smells brand new - even the leather. Only 50,000 miles on it. Anyways, I'm interested in beginning to customize it, so I wanted to know if anyone had the base specs on the speakers and deck.

What are the speakers? 6 1/2's? 6x9's? What are my tweaters in the front dash by the windshield? Am I correct to say that my deck is a double din? Could I do a new deck and an EQ?

Thanks for the help. I appreciate all of the knowledge here.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:14 PM
ChrisBrown

Anyone know anything?
Old 10-24-2003, 09:05 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

The front speakers are 6.5", rears are 6x9. With the front speakers, you'll find most are too deep to fit the plastic basket mounted in the door, but you can cut the basket out to allow the magnet of the new speakers to fit. The tweeters in the dash are just 3/8" mylar semi-dome tweeters... nothing special, but sound much better than a "dual cone" factory speaker by itself. Most aftermarket tweeters can be fit to the bracket on the back of the grille... which just pops out of the dash.

The car does have a double DIN opening, in that car, the deck should fill the entire opening. You can put a deck and another full DIN unit in your dash... Metra makes a Honda/Acura double DIN mounting kit to mount 2 Single DIN units in the dash.

If you really went crazy and got a double DIN headunit, there is an add-on piece that goes just below the radio to mount another single DIN unit... it is available from Honda, they were used when a customer got the optional cassette deck or 6-disc in dash changer.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:19 AM
ChrisBrown

Yea I noticed that, but I didn't know if it was possible to get that add-on part for adding the din below.

Thank you so so much, I really appreciate you replying back.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Spyfunkr

Careful cutting the basket out of the door...they go a long way to keeping the speakers dry, also, be careful of depth, your windows may crank down on the magnet.

-Spy