Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

reinstallation of a clifford avantgaurd4

Old 10-14-2003, 02:13 AM
Tirod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reinstallation of a clifford avantgaurd4

how much do u think it would cost me to reinstall a clifford avantguard4 brain into my car?? it was removed because of malfunction 2 yrs ago..

also how hard would it be for a professional to fix the brain? and how much should it run?? thx !!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:03 AM
mike01civic

i'm pretty sure every place u go to will quote you different prices...just remember the least expensive isn't always the best. your best bet is to find a *reputable* shop that sells/installs/troubleshoots Clifford products.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Tirod

Originally posted by mike01civic
i'm pretty sure every place u go to will quote you different prices...just remember the least expensive isn't always the best. your best bet is to find a *reputable* shop that sells/installs/troubleshoots Clifford products.
well i was gonna goto the place that uninstalled it.. they are a cliffoord dealer... i just dont want to pay up the butt for it.. :dunno: thx!!
Old 10-14-2003, 05:42 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

damn bro, the AG4 is prolly gonna run you at least 3-4 bills for installation. Not sure how much fixing it would be. I wish I could have gotten the AG4 for my car, the best alarm out there IMO.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Tirod

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
damn bro, the AG4 is prolly gonna run you at least 3-4 bills for installation. Not sure how much fixing it would be. I wish I could have gotten the AG4 for my car, the best alarm out there IMO.
everytthing is installed cept the brain itself... and a cut windshield sensor wire... it was an awesome alarm.. juss kept goin off when it wasnt supposed to and costin my tow money
Old 10-15-2003, 07:08 AM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

if the brain was just unplugged then u can do the install yourself
just find where it was mounted and plug in after it got fixed.
simple
Old 10-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Tirod

Originally posted by phat99accord
simple
hmm... there's so much ish down there and i dunno how all the accesories were original hooked up and iish.... that and ii gotta do somoething with the windshield sensor.. i'd rather a professional handle it
Old 10-15-2003, 05:38 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by tirodēslc

everytthing is installed cept the brain itself... and a cut windshield sensor wire... it was an awesome alarm.. juss kept goin off when it wasnt supposed to and costin my tow money
if im not mistaking, it's just a couple harnesses(or one) that plugs into the brain so it should be a simple plug and play type deal. You shouldn't have to be wiring anything up, simply plugging it back in.

My alarm does that too, Clifford Concept 600, but I have been told it's because of my autolock and the metallic tint on my windows, apparently the proxy sensor doesn't like metal:dunno:

Originally posted by phat99accord
simple
:werd:

hmm... there's so much ish down there and i dunno how all the accesories were original hooked up and iish.... that and ii gotta do somoething with the windshield sensor.. i'd rather a professional handle it
either splice that sensor back together, or fawk it, all you have to do is plug the harness(es) back in to the brain and ur set. Easy as shit and keeps alot of money in ur pocket. A shop will prolly try to rape you on it and charge ****ing $100 or so to do this, when you can do it for free, just spend a lil time, and send me $50 for giving you such good advice :thumbup:
Old 10-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Tirod

hehe.... juss plugging it back together wont fix the fact that my ignition wont work after.. like it wouldnt when i took it out... :thumbup:
Old 10-16-2003, 07:31 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

hehe.... juss plugging it back together wont fix the fact that my ignition wont work after.. like it wouldnt when i took it out... :thumbup:
and you mentioned that previously right? OK, now there we're done being a smartass, :wtf: are you asking us how much it's gonna cost for, pick up a phone, call a clifford dealer and ask them. Seems the most logical wouldn't ya say:thumbup: