Sponsored by:

d4 light :(

Old 10-05-2003, 06:27 PM
DIYguy
NWH's DIYguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d4 light :(

car: 1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX Auto
ok, after autoXing today, i turned my key to ingition (2nd click) and my parking light (P) and 4th gear light (D4) both turn on at the same time for a couple of seconds. It has NEVER done this before and i'm worried as hell. usually just the (P) lights up.

my friend told me my tranny was just overheated to i let it cool for a while (1/2 hour). still goes on. Checked for leaks, none. I'm freaking out because i'm affraid somethings wrong/bad.

help quick!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

Wow man this is wierd....I noticed the same exact thing for the first time last night. I just went outside to check again and it still does it....the D4 light comes on as I turn the key to the second click, and then goes off as the check engine light goes off.

Maybe it's some kind of tranny verification thing, like how the check engine light comes on then goes off??
Old 10-05-2003, 09:18 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

You have a tranny code, something is wrong with your tranny.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
DIYguy
NWH's DIYguy

i did the diagnostics check this the piece of wire and did the code check and the check engine light just stays on, its dones blink or anything it will just stay on.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:29 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

When the D4 light flashes that is not to make sure the bulbs work, that is a bad thing. When mine would come on it already flashes the code, you don't need to use the jumper wire, unless you have a check engine light with the tranny code.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

OK...I understand there is something wrong with my tranny. What is this code you are talking about? How do I find it out? How do I do this diagnostics test?

Sorry I'm kind of lost....h:
Old 10-06-2003, 10:28 AM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Not sure how to pull the code, from the times I had it, they were already blinking, long and short blinks. I never checked mine, all I know is, the blinking is a code, and where to check them I haven't the slightest idea
Old 10-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

Default Re: d4 light :(

Originally posted by DIYguy
car: 1994 Honda Accord Sedan LX Auto
ok, after autoXing today, i turned my key to ingition (2nd click) and my parking light (P) and 4th gear light (D4) both turn on at the same time for a couple of seconds. It has NEVER done this before and i'm worried as hell. usually just the (P) lights up.
OK I just looked in my owners manual and this is a direct quote:
"The D4 indicator comes on for a few seconds when you turn the ignition switch to ON (II). If it flashes while driving (in any shift position), it indicates a possible problem in the transmission."

It says the same thing for the Check Engine Light....so I guess I just never noticed it before...cause as of right now my D4 light doesn't blink.

On a side note....my speedometer stopped working for about a mile on my way to class this morning....then jumped back up to speed...hope there is nothing crazy going on....:happysad:
Old 10-06-2003, 11:37 PM
AcCO12D95

Hey, mine does the exact same thing as yours as I payed attention to it tonight. I have a 1995 Accord Auto.

From what I heard in the past, if it blinks then it is a bad sign...
My tranny seems fine to me..=/ I hope it isn't something bad, since I just payed attention to it now, knowing that it comes on as i turn the key to the on position.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:26 PM
bonestock

check all your fuses. in my friends car we accidentaly loosend an abs a fuse while installing a nitrous kit and his d4 light went crazy, his speedo and almost all interior electronics (ie clock, sunroof, windows etc...) didnt work.