Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prjector Headlights

Old 07-26-2003, 11:20 AM
prahjectlx-r
not my goodies...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector Headlights

Got a question about my headlights. When I turn the lights on, 3 lights are supposed to come on. There are 4 bulbs. The other one is for high beam. On the left 3 lights come on. On the right, 2 ligths come on. Weird part is, the last bulb doesn't come on when i turn the lights on, but it comes on when i put the blinker on...both of the lights are wired the same exact way...does anyone know what the problem may be? i'm stumped.
Here's a picture of my headlights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
98-02_accord_cc_projector.jpg (68.7 KB, 291 views)
Old 07-26-2003, 12:25 PM
dreman

What do you mean bro doesent the 1157 turn signal bulb stay on and then blinks when you are turning? I just bought projectors so I also want to know what you are havng problems with and oh how do you hook up the halo rings and how and when do they light up?
Old 07-26-2003, 12:39 PM
prahjectlx-r
not my goodies...

Originally posted by dreman
What do you mean bro doesent the 1157 turn signal bulb stay on and then blinks when you are turning? I just bought projectors so I also want to know what you are havng problems with and oh how do you hook up the halo rings and how and when do they light up?
Oh, sorry..I am a woman. I do a lot of the work to my car myself. Yes, that bulb does stay on and then blink when I turn. But only on one side. The other side just blinks. It doesn't stay on. See the thing is, I helped out my buddy install these lights and then whenever something goes wrong, I fix it. A problem with projector headlights with angel eyes is, well you see the red and white wires coming out of the angel eyes, well, those pull away eventually and you have to open the headlight and soder it together again. That's one problem. That will cause the angel eye not to work anymore. Another problem is the connecters in the back. I have to keep changing them out. The manufacterer messed up there. anyway, to connect the angel eyes, if you notice the ends are spliced, well, you have to add more wire and connect it to another part of the light. I chose the blinker. So I ran wire and connected them...that is the weird part. all 4 angel eyes work but that one bulb doesn't stay lit. it only blinks when i turn...weird!!! oh..you know how you can switch your lights to just have "parking lights" on? well, this way the angel eyes are on only, and when you turn it again, all the lights come on, except for the light closet to the hood latch. those are your high beams. also, the light bulbs that come with them suck. i suggest you buy some hiper whites for the high beam and other light. i put blue bulbs where the blue lense is. they look nice. i almost forgot...the dumbest thing about these damn lights are, you have to take the bumper off to change the bulb. unless you have an intake because there is more room on the right. but if you have to change a bulb on the left, you have to take the bumper off, most likely... : )
Old 07-26-2003, 12:40 PM
prahjectlx-r
not my goodies...

Old 07-26-2003, 01:24 PM
dreman

Nice to see ladys on the board doing mods etc can I merry you? just a joke. Infact I changed my 9006 bulbs on my stock headlights with out taken the bumper off thats weird.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:37 PM
James3370
aka Heywoodjablowme

sound like it is a dual-filament bulb & the parking light filament is burned out.

try taking the one that works & put it on the bad side & see if the trouble is still there or if it works there too.

if the trouble stays with a known working bulb, you'll have to troubleshhot the wiring. othaerwise, you'll just need a new bulb
Old 07-26-2003, 03:13 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Hi Linda:wavey: I'm Chris. Welcome. Got a picture of yourself and age?
Old 07-26-2003, 04:55 PM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

Originally posted by EliteAccord
:naughty:
Old 07-26-2003, 06:04 PM
prahjectlx-r
not my goodies...

Originally posted by EliteAccord
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=86210

here's the last link where i posted a picture of me. it's the only picture i had and i'm not too happy about it. i'm 20. I love to work on my car, it is a hobby of mine.

to heywoodjablowme: thanks for the advice. i dont know why i haven' tried that yet. i've already re-wired it...hopefully it's just the bulb...:loco:

see ya!
Old 07-26-2003, 06:53 PM
James3370
aka Heywoodjablowme

:naughty:

holy fawk.....she's HOT!!!!