Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord Owners...

Old 05-28-2003, 07:02 PM
mk120985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Accord Owners...

If you replaced the stock headlight bulbs with some sort of hyperwhite ones, what kind did you go with? I'm thinking of putting some in, so I just wanted to know which bulbs seem to be working the best for you guys..

Also, what wattage did u guys go with?
Old 05-28-2003, 07:05 PM
G_Money

I heard those are not good...not good at all..
not as bright as stock..
Old 05-29-2003, 03:38 AM
03accordcoupe
^New car...2003 BMW 330ci

I heard they are amazing...and I've seen some...and they are really hot looking. Can't help with the original question though, not sure which ones to get...but I want them too.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:38 AM
TriKKy

I stuck in some SilverStars. I did not do the "9005" conversion. I just wanted something until I could afford HID, which I now can, and bought, so Ill be ditching the stars.

I really liked the silverstars...although some people complained that they burned out easily....I havent had a problem yet. I wore gloves to install them

Do a search for your question and you will find many threads on it.

As far as wattage goes....you will get 50 diff answers. Some people say dont go above 65W, other say they run 80W and higher without roasting their wires. It's a bit of a crapshoot, one which I wouldnt want to take with my car...just me though.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:47 AM
decibel_dj

honestly hyper whites are an improvement on the stock output in some ways and a heart ache in others. the light output is better thats true but many of them blow out easier. i was lucky with mine i paid a bit more for them but the output was worth it. my low beams were actually brighter than my high beams. the only down side i had to them was in the rain. the light appeared to be in the air when it rained or had thick fog instead of on the ground like with the stock ones. i was still able to see ahead of me but it was greatly reduced compared to a clear day.

silverstars are great and arent hyper whites they are expensive like $20 something for 1 bulb but the output is well worth the money and they dont have the problems you face with hyper whites.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:45 PM
mk120985

Thanks for the replies...

Yea my friend just installed some hyperwhite bulbs(he has an '02 celica) and I dont know if he installed them wrong or what, but there is considerable loss in light output...and yea it seems as though the light is shining upwards rather than down where they are supposed to...
I've also been looking around and came across an HID conversion kit?? Misterjung or something? I was wondering if anyone has installed them in their cars and what kind of kit they got. Also how the light output, etc. is... Thanks!