Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

paranoid about CAI...

Old 05-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Baget
wtf are you talking about? i just got a short air and i noticed a difference in hp and milage..
the point is, why buy a short ram, when you can just remove the resonator and drop in K&N for better gains?
Old 05-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Default Re: paranoid about CAI...

Originally posted by pirate252
So yeah i guess should i worry?
No. Unless it's submerged, it won't "suck up" water. It can't. And it won't blow off your hood and put your mom in the hospital, either.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:49 AM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Originally posted by AadosX
Only reason to buy short ram is if you are a ricer and just want something loud.
Ricer's uh?
Old 05-17-2003, 12:59 PM
BigB2k3

My problem is have any of you had a CAI and a car and have over 100k miles on it the time you have had it? I mean yea you all say its good and nothing has happened but you can not see the inside of your engin and know if it staying clean and dry and if its going to last, just because its running fine and smooth dont mean its all OK...

I myself as others are also to (pus*y) to wana do a CAI but yet I WANT to for the hp gain...
Old 05-17-2003, 02:07 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Originally posted by BigB2k3
My problem is have any of you had a CAI and a car and have over 100k miles on it the time you have had it? I mean yea you all say its good and nothing has happened but you can not see the inside of your engin and know if it staying clean and dry and if its going to last, just because its running fine and smooth dont mean its all OK...

I myself as others are also to (pus*y) to wana do a CAI but yet I WANT to for the hp gain...
Ya, I put my CAI on when I had 150k miles on my car, I am still running fine. I didn't have any fender liner as it ripped off. Went through an entire winter including snow storms, spring and summer with a CAI. I switched to a Short Ram cause I just didn't want to have to sit on, lift my car up take my tire off to get to my filter.

I am a ricer though now, cause I have a Short Ram
Old 05-17-2003, 02:59 PM
BigB2k3

Sorry I worded wrong but what I ment was put an intake on and have 100k or more miles with the intake being on that many....

I mean there must be something good of why manufac. of cars dont make there own and use these gay cheap a$$ ones they call factory... I mean they cost just as much if you need replaced, LOL
Old 05-17-2003, 03:02 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Originally posted by BigB2k3
Sorry I worded wrong but what I ment was put an intake on and have 100k or more miles with the intake being on that many....

I mean there must be something good of why manufac. of cars dont make there own and use these gay cheap a$$ ones they call factory... I mean they cost just as much if you need replaced, LOL
It's because car's come stock in mind for economical, quite sounding cars. Not for performance, and sound.

*EDIT*

Adaos I hope you are joking about ricers and short ram, cause unless you have a V2, your CAI does just as much good as a short ram, 1 whp baby w0000.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:51 PM
93accordEX

just like to say I went through a winter here in NY with a cai with no filter and no fender liner. car stalled once when I drove through about a 4 ft snow bank during one storm. didnt start for a few hours, then everything was fine. bypass valve is pointless because it will only work if theres a pressure drop aka the filter is completely submerged and theres no other way for air to get in. it will still suck up some water, and some water is fine. some cars use water injection.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:51 PM
AadosX

LOL 3 comments on the Ricer comment from AKUFC. BTW, can you not spell my damn name? No I wasn't joking, and I'll put money on the fact that my CAI gives me more than 1 WHP.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

How much power do you think your CAI gives you at the wheels? 15?