Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Accord (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord-5/)
-   -   paranoid about CAI... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/accord/69157-paranoid-about-cai.html)

pirate252 05-12-2003 05:27 PM

paranoid about CAI...

Yeah i really want to get one, just as everyone does for their first mod, well i live it can rain and be sunny all in the same minute, and it makes for lots of puddles and crap like that...So I dont know if my worries are with or without reason, but i am paranoid about waterlocking and/or just getting water in my engine. So yeah i guess should i worry?

slpycd7 05-12-2003 05:28 PM

either don't drive through puddles that are like 2ft high or spend the extra 30 bux and get a bypass valve. assuming you're going with AEM?

nizmugen 05-12-2003 05:30 PM

don't worry, i've been through pretty bad rains here and nothing's happened so far

SWOOSHER21 05-12-2003 05:49 PM

dude, you have nothing to worry about. your filter has to be submerged in the water for several seconds. i didnt have a fender lining where my filter was for almost a year and the filter was completely exposed. the filter got dirty as hell, but nothing ever happened water related. it was covered in snow when we got bad snow storms and nothing happened. im not saying you can drive through a pond and nothing happen (you still need to drive carefully) but you shouldn't stress it.

H-Accord-22 05-12-2003 06:07 PM

everyone is right so far, you should only worry if you took off the fender lining and drive your car over the ponds and puddles thats 1 ft+. Otherwise, You're safe.

Accord97 05-12-2003 07:51 PM

yeah i have one ...... and have been though some nasty puddles but i'm not lowered........... btw ban MartL.... looks like someone got hacked

H-Accord-22 05-12-2003 07:55 PM

yea, ban the idiot

theacuraman 05-16-2003 06:38 AM

So guys, I live out in Hawaii and I have a 94 Acura Integra GS-R and one day it was like a monsoon hit us and I actually lost my entire block to the storm when the water got high enough that it got in my resinator. From there it went up the tube into the block and when I started it, the hood went up through the roof of the garage and almost killed my mom who was taking a dump in the room above the garage. She was in the hospital for about a week, and I lost my brand new Integra. Leave it stock, never modd these things. If you live anywhere but Texas. LEAVE THEM ALONE

pnthr30 05-16-2003 07:19 AM

Icebox

If you are worried about hydro lock get a short air.......or a Comptech Icebox (or better yet save some $$ and make one yourself).......best of both worlds and no worries about hydrolock

AccordSleeper 05-16-2003 07:32 AM

Originally posted by theacuraman
So guys, I live out in Hawaii and I have a 94 Acura Integra GS-R and one day it was like a monsoon hit us and I actually lost my entire block to the storm when the water got high enough that it got in my resinator. From there it went up the tube into the block and when I started it, the hood went up through the roof of the garage and almost killed my mom who was taking a dump in the room above the garage. She was in the hospital for about a week, and I lost my brand new Integra. Leave it stock, never modd these things. If you live anywhere but Texas. LEAVE THEM ALONE

:huh: :thinking: :screwy: :jerkit: