Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Alarm? Crime Guard 745i3

Old 05-11-2003, 05:19 PM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by VRGNCD5
whoever told you that is a smart man. Stay away from Viper, if you could, get a Clifford G4 alarm
Aren't they owned by the same company, DEI?
Old 05-11-2003, 06:00 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by phat99accord
how would you say that vipers suck and cliffordds are good in the same sentence while they are made by the same company, DEI. well anyways an alarm is an alarm you just have to make sure you have shock sensors, motion sensor, and a engine kill. otherwise all the other shit is for shits and giggles.
I hear what ur saying, that's exactly how I thought before my dearly loved ef sedan got stolen. I'm not gonna try to change anyones mind about alarms, I know what I know and have formed my opinion based on that, if you like Vipers, have at it.

Originally posted by pirate252

The $300 is because im only 16, i dont have 1200 bucks kickin around that i can use, or can i make that amount very easily, I just want the best i can get for that amount to make sure that at least no amature can steal my deck, speakers, or car....
I hear you bro, I got 10 years on you and I don't have 1200 lying around for an alarm either. Honestly though, I would just get a stereo shop special and an autolock. I say this because unless you have an anti-carjack system, digital tilt/motion sensor, or immobilizer on ur alarm, it's just an alarm. I've got all of the above, and then some, on my alarm and an Autolock.

Originally posted by BlackChrome

Aren't they owned by the same company, DEI?
Yep, DEI owns both. But to think the product they put out is the same is to think that Hondas 4 door sedan(Accord) is equal to Acuras 4 door sedan(3.2TL), they're owned by the same company.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:34 AM
pirate252

I hear you bro, I got 10 years on you and I don't have 1200 lying around for an alarm either. Honestly though, I would just get a stereo shop special and an autolock. I say this because unless you have an anti-carjack system, digital tilt/motion sensor, or immobilizer on ur alarm, it's just an alarm. I've got all of the above, and then some, on my alarm and an Autolock.

You can get everything you mentioned from several car alarm companys for 250-300 bucks installed.

But yeah im sure most of the people on here know what being in this position feels like, this is my first car, i just got it a week or so ago, and am now almost broke, had to take a loan to even get it so now i am really screwed on having money to mod it for quite a while, luckily the people before me upgraded the stero, so i can live with it...for now

Plans...Alarm, intake, exhaust (hopfully re-do whole cat-back, depending on cash flow), stereo, lower/re-do suspention (sway-bars, stuff like that)...

Dont know exactly what order, but hopfully it will get done sooner or later.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:49 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

You can get everything you mentioned from several car alarm companys for 250-300 bucks installed.

But yeah im sure most of the people on here know what being in this position feels like, this is my first car, i just got it a week or so ago, and am now almost broke, had to take a loan to even get it so now i am really screwed on having money to mod it for quite a while, luckily the people before me upgraded the stero, so i can live with it...for now

Plans...Alarm, intake, exhaust (hopfully re-do whole cat-back, depending on cash flow), stereo, lower/re-do suspention (sway-bars, stuff like that)...

Dont know exactly what order, but hopfully it will get done sooner or later.
Ok, it's ur car, ur choice of alarm isn't gonna affect how safe my car is, I was just trying to a. point you towards a good alarm, and then b. save you some money. I once made the mistake of thinking an alarm is an alarm is an alarm, that mistake costed me roughly 7g's(89 ef sedan, bought for 2g's, spent 5g's modding it). I paid $300 for my alarm(Viper 300ESP),in retrospect, another $300 on a good alarm and I'd have my car today, I don't know about you, but I would have rather spent another $300 than lose 7g's. And keep in mind, your car is on the top ten list of most stolen cars in the country
Old 05-12-2003, 08:14 AM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Ok, it's ur car, ur choice of alarm isn't gonna affect how safe my car is, I was just trying to a. point you towards a good alarm, and then b. save you some money. I once made the mistake of thinking an alarm is an alarm is an alarm, that mistake costed me roughly 7g's(89 ef sedan, bought for 2g's, spent 5g's modding it). I paid $300 for my alarm(Viper 300ESP),in retrospect, another $300 on a good alarm and I'd have my car today, I don't know about you, but I would have rather spent another $300 than lose 7g's. And keep in mind, your car is on the top ten list of most stolen cars in the country
I totally agree. If you are going to do something, make sure you do it right the first time.

I have had my Clifford since my car was brand new. Yes, I payed a lot for it bur I wanted something decent. Today, after almost 8 years, the only things I have to buy are a siren and a new remote. It rarely has false alarms and has been a really reliable one!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:11 AM
pirate252

Yeah and i wish i could buy one of those, but like i said i dont have that much money. If i wait till i can afford that my car will be left compltly vulnerable for that amount of time, which could be months...I am not going to buy a $100 POS, but i cant spend more than around $400 installed, i just dont have the money...
Old 05-12-2003, 01:44 PM
BlackChrome
E46/CD5

Well, if that's the case, try not to drive your car as much as possible. Get an Autolock (not Club) for like $60 or something. And try not to mod your car (until you can afford a good alarm).

Just be careful out there!
Old 05-12-2003, 05:00 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

I totally agree. If you are going to do something, make sure you do it right the first time.

I have had my Clifford since my car was brand new. Yes, I payed a lot for it bur I wanted something decent. Today, after almost 8 years, the only things I have to buy are a siren and a new remote. It rarely has false alarms and has been a really reliable one!
:werd:

Yeah and i wish i could buy one of those, but like i said i dont have that much money. If i wait till i can afford that my car will be left compltly vulnerable for that amount of time, which could be months...I am not going to buy a $100 POS, but i cant spend more than around $400 installed, i just dont have the money...
My suggestion then is to get an autolock, don't leave anything inside ur car to attract the attention of a would be thief and put ur $400 away, save up another $200 or so and get a good alarm. And use the autolock religously, it'll be that one time you figure nothing will happen that u get jacked.

Well, if that's the case, try not to drive your car as much as possible. Get an Autolock (not Club) for like $60 or something. And try not to mod your car (until you can afford a good alarm).

Just be careful out there!
Preach on brotha :thumbup: