Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new guy

Old 05-12-2003, 09:36 AM
lingerbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
Also, don't do the swap expecting to come out with a rocket ship. You're still putting a 200HP engine in a heavy car. But it will be fast, and if you don't put stupid stuff on your car like altezzas and a stupid body kit you'll have a real sleeper :thumbup:

What about a wing that tops out above the roof? And a muffler that I could drive a Metro into? THEN... I would be cool.:rockon:
Old 05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lingerbw
What about a wing that tops out above the roof? And a muffler that I could drive a Metro into? THEN... I would be cool.:rockon:
Hahaha :thumbup:

The H22 will push you back into your seat when VTEC kicks in...it's a very torquey motor for a Honda 4 banger. The H22 with a Prelude 5 speed will beat a stock Grand Prix unless it's a GTP. I'd pop in the H22 and then some suspension mods like anti-roll bars and stiffer springs :thumbup:
Old 05-12-2003, 09:51 AM
RY2K
5 speed

Originally posted by bumski667
um...i'll try to get some up...
no doubt
i have yet to see close up pics of a 4th gen intake with a cold air extension pipe
you could pm me whenever you get them
Old 05-12-2003, 09:54 AM
lingerbw

Originally posted by RY2K
no doubt
i have yet to see close up pics of a 4th gen intake with a cold air extension pipe
you could pm me whenever you get them
Your car sounds BAD ASS!! (from your sig):bowdown:
Old 05-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

The H22 is a swap that is worth the money overall but like many said don't expect a rocket ship.

I have the USDM H22 in my 5th gen Accord (94) and love it. I am also adding a bunch of parts to it to push the car into the 13 second timeslips with an all motor configuration (No nitrous or turbo). The H22 gives you a much more solid HP and Torque base to work with and the modifications are much more readily available than they are with an F series motor.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:36 PM
AadosX

Damn all this talk makes me want one. I'm thinking about doing it soon when I get into college, but it's not gonna be easy to save up 4k. I have 125k miles on my F22 right now, which is 145 HP VTEC.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:50 PM
lingerbw

Originally posted by bumski667
um..did you get an AEM CAI or generic? I think the generics are the same, but i have the AEM and you do have to cut a larger hole to make the pipe fit into the bumper. You'll know what i mean when u get it i would suggest power tools if you have any to enlarge the whole..i didn't have any and used a saw and it took forever...good luck.

other mods, headers, exhausts...prolly what you can do on a budget...
How big of a hole??? Are we talking big enough for the whole filter to fit through, or just the pipe? I'll try to get some pics, it seems like there are a few people who want to see this.
Old 05-12-2003, 01:53 PM
EurAznBoi

welcome to the board, you should drop black92accord (SHO) a line...he's from northern va and he's planning to swap in the h22a in his car this summer.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:04 PM
andorynn

HI I'm new to the forums and decided to join because I'm in the process of buying 97 Accord LX from my friend, I'd first like to clarify that paying $7 Grand Canadian for it (considering its in good shape witha few extras like mags, a nice system etc) is a good deal, and was wondering if there were any easy, fairly inexpensive upgrades available to either improve its performance or just make it look nicer, thanks guys!
Old 05-12-2003, 03:21 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by andorynn
HI I'm new to the forums and decided to join because I'm in the process of buying 97 Accord LX from my friend, I'd first like to clarify that paying $7 Grand Canadian for it (considering its in good shape witha few extras like mags, a nice system etc) is a good deal, and was wondering if there were any easy, fairly inexpensive upgrades available to either improve its performance or just make it look nicer, thanks guys!
Look around the forum bro. Welcome to the board.