Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vibrates at 40+mph only

Old 05-01-2003, 12:09 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vibrates at 40+mph only

i have a problem when i'm driving around 40mph and up the viration is so strong i have to use both hands at times and the faster i go the stronger the vibration, i took it to the shop they think is the wheels front one but i dont trust them, is not the brake they brand new, this only happens when i'm driving , when stop/idle zero vibration oh this is a 96 automatic accord i wonder what it can be?
Old 05-01-2003, 07:11 AM
Mr Hyde
Accord Forum Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have all your wheels balanced. Thats probably wats wrong.

The TL-S / The 540i
Old 05-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Accord1278

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Have all your wheels balanced. Thats probably wats wrong.
Yup, have all of your wheels balanced (high speed balancing) and have them rotated as well. When you get your wheels rotated, make sure they torque them down properly and in the proper order they are supposed to be torqued. Just make sure everything in your suspension is pretty tight as well, like no loose bolts, etc. There is a slight chance that you might have warped rotors. and also check to make sure that none of your rims are bent or damaged.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:40 PM
showgunz

Originally posted by Accord1278
Yup, have all of your wheels balanced (high speed balancing) and have them rotated as well. When you get your wheels rotated, make sure they torque them down properly and in the proper order they are supposed to be torqued. Just make sure everything in your suspension is pretty tight as well, like no loose bolts, etc. There is a slight chance that you might have warped rotors. and also check to make sure that none of your rims are bent or damaged.
I'd check all of the items Accord1278 posted.

1. Bent wheels (check inside and outside of the rim for bends and cracks) can cause vibration while driving
2. Unbalanced tires (weights may have fallen off) can cause vibration
3. Improperly mounted wheels
4. Broken engine mounts

Does your car shake when you press the gas after going 40+ MPH or is it just dependent on vehicle speed?