Sponsored by:

VIS Hood Probelm

Old 04-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Macster33
Hottest of the Hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIS Hood Probelm

Hey--

I was on groupbuycenter and purchased a hood that directly came from VIS. Well I finally got it and couldnt wait when i saw it to slap it on. When we unpackaged it we didnt notice anything wrong with it. It looked clean and was tightly packaged and everything. So when me and my friend got it on my car and then looked at it as it reflected with the light, you can notice a ripple and then 4-5 marks of like what it would look like if some dinged the side of your car with there door. Any advise on what i should do? I think i deserve a new hood and i shouldnt have to pay to ship the hood back to VIS, what should i do?
Old 04-26-2003, 05:18 PM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

I would contact the ppl who you bought from them and go from there. Shipping should be under $100....but make sure they pay for that also.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:55 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Does it only look wavy under certain angles? Hopefully the hood you received wasn't used. I have a VIS CF hood as well and I have those "ripples" as well, but this was after having the hood on the car for more than a year. I think it because of the heat the it endures and it tends to "warp" the hood.

But like previously said, they should replace it with a brand new hood at their expense.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Macster33
Hottest of the Hot

yes it does look wavey under certain angles...... it just irritates me because when people at my work see it some say really nice..... then theres other assholes that say theres a ripple in it, or why is there an indention, i hate how some people just like to point out the probelms, its makes me want to knock them out or go to there shitty car and start pointing out there problems.... i dunno its just irritating.

Heres a pic, cant see much of what i am talken about, maybe i will take some upclose pics to see if they show up on the camara.

Old 04-27-2003, 12:08 AM
randomtask77
Wanderer

The hood looks really good. Are the ripples just on the center of the hood, or throughout the entire area? I noticed that my invader hood (the one with the inverted scoop) has the ripples just on the center of the hood, directly behind the vent. I don't really know what caused it, but it irritates me as well. :angry:
Old 04-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Macster33
Hottest of the Hot

yea i just went in my garage to take a look to refresh my anger haha...... um well theres one noticible ripple... then up close very close you can see it like wave through out the center, not that noticible but then again in the sun you can point out the marks here and there at certain angles.... shouldnt it come perfect.... every night i leave the hood up cause i am scared my damn cat might jump on it and i think that if i left it down and he jumps on it or even lays on it, it might damage it.... anyways i am just rambleing on but yea i know what your talken about with the invader.....
Old 04-27-2003, 11:13 AM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

I hope those rims are rhevo c5s and not the knock offs....if they are, nice rims man..
Old 04-27-2003, 11:38 AM
93accordEX

same thing happened to mine. I dont think its worth it do anything, which is why I didnt follow through. sure its annoying when you see it up close, but you shouldnt be worried about people saying they see a ripple. I mean do you mod your car to please others?
Old 04-27-2003, 02:14 PM
99accord520

you can never get a perfect hood.. VIS, FiberIMage, AeroDuo, always have a bit of imperfection. Sorry to tell u buddy.. i usally just go into the warehouse and pick out my own stuff, and even then some of the stuff is not all that great.. all the show quality stuff is made to order, or they have the hook up at the maufacture(not the place that sells it).
Old 04-27-2003, 03:25 PM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

I dont know.......VIS say their hoods are Grade A carbon fiber..So I would demand a perfect CF hood from them....