Notices

Noisy Power Steering Pump 2001 Honda Accord Coupe

Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
jackle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy Power Steering Pump 2001 Honda Accord Coupe

I'm having an weird trouble with my whining power steering pump (2001 Honda Accord Coupe) !! I have some notice here:

It never happens in the first time driving of a day but after a while (I'm not sure, kinda undefinable) driving it become noisy even when the car's not moving and louder while turning the steering wheel.

It's wierder that if I park the car for a while and drive it again the noise will be gone!

The power steering fluid is at the max level and constant so i dont think the power steering pump is leak!!

I see that the noise is up to the temperature or some other reason that makes the power steering stop whining after a while parking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe the power steering fluid is dirty and dirt went down after a while parking that stops the noise!

I really dont want to pay like 1000 for changing the power steering and have been finding another solution for it

Please help anyone! Thank you in advance!!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
HDA4SHOOR

let it run until engine reaches to normal operating temperature. Then check the p/s pump reservoir. See if it's foams and let me know
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Rican69

Hey guys new member here....I have the same thing with my honda accord 2003. I drained the fluid and put the one the dealer uses. It was fine but the noise is back, I don't think it's the pump cause it still rides smooth. What does it mean if it has foam?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM
JoeScro

Check to make sure your reserve has fluid in the well
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Rican69

I drained the power steering fluid and refilled it with genuine honda fluid from the dealer. After a while it still does the noise. The car runs perfect and feels great except for the noise. What else can it be? I hope it's not the pump, thanks for your help
Old 08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Craigthowell

Mine did same thing changed fluid and flushed with dealer fluid still did it put new pump on problem is gone