Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 honda accord

Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
slafreni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 honda accord

How do I take off the front bumper? Stupid Question.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:13 AM
daanno

Default ft.bumper

I'll have to check my shop manual to be certain that I'm not forgetting anything here but, this is what I remember. The bumper has 2 brackets attached to it that are each about 1-1/2 feet from the center and point rearward. They slide into the front of each box frame that run the length of the car. Each are held in place by a big 15mm or 17mm bolt that drops in from the top. You gain access to these from under the hood. If I remember correctly, the bolts are just between the wheel well and the radiator (one on each side). Remove the bolts and the bumper should slide forward and out. Don't forget that the corner lights are mounted in the bumper and you will have to disconnect the harnesses. I don't recall if there is access to the connector from inside the bumper or if you have to remove the light assemblies. I don't remember wrestling with mine so I would suspect you can disconnect them before removing the bumper. You may have to remove some small screws inside the fender wells too. I think those just keep all the plastic pieces from flapping around
I'll look through my shop book later and see if I got this right. I remember it being pretty straight-forward.
:reno:
Dan
Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM
daanno

Default Pics from my book

Well my memory was a little bit off. Turns out that the bolt that attaches the bumper to the frame is actually attached to the bumper and you have to remove 2 big nuts from under the hood. Same general location as described before. If I do this correctly there will be a picture attached. I snapped it with my cell phone so the resolution is not great but good enough to "paint the picture".

Hope this helps

dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
accord bumper.jpg (42.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 PM
timothy1238

I'll have to check my shop manual to be certain that I'm not forgetting anything here but, this is what I remember. The bumper has 2 brackets attached to it that are each about 1-1/2 feet from the center and point rearward. They slide into the front of each box frame that run the length of the car. Each are held in place by a big 15mm or 17mm bolt that drops in from the top.