Notices

Wiper Chatter

Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 AM
floorman20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Chatter

I've recently replaced the wiper blades, after that work was done there was a lot of play in the wipers causing them to slam down into the windshield cowl (the plastic at the bottom of the windshield). That problem is ultimately caused by a worn out bushing on the wiper linkage. Replaced the wiper linkage and there is no more play in the wipers, perfect, almost.

The problem now is with a new linkage and new wipers, there is a chatter or a bounce to the wipers when they cycle. I have been looking into other forums and threads where it is said you need new wipers to fix that, got them. Other suggestions that I don't particularly agree with is to use rainex, that may work temporarily but I have never used it on this car yet and the problem never existed until recently.

:thinking:Its a tricky question. I asked my father (life-long mechanic), and he isn't sure without being able to be present and actually analyze it himself.

Any response is a good one, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:28 AM
samysmith24
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey floorman i also had such a problem with my new wipper i would suggest you to go to near my mechanic and check it out else it will damage your glass for sure take care