Notices

ABS/TCS Lights on...

Old 12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Addicted2VTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/TCS Lights on...

A while back my ABS and TCS lights both came on at the same time and I was told that I would need a new ABS Control Unit to get them both properly working again. I don't really want to pay $1000+ to get it fixed. After doing some research I am going to check a few things (wheel speed sensors and try cleaning the ground wire for the pump motor. If you have any other ideas what I can try please let me know) just to make sure that I really do need a new ABS Control Unit. Can anyone please tell me where the ABS Control Unit and Pump Motor are located in my car (02 Accord EX V6 Coupe)? Also I am pretty sure only 01 & 02 have TCS, do I need a Control Unit from a 01 or 02 or can I use one from a 98+ and still have TCS. Thanks so much for any help, it is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM
cruzalekz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont buy a module yet.

heres the thing, for the TCS to work, abs needs to be working period. cant really control the wheel speed if you dont have an input for the wheel speed right? what im saying is you need to take care of the abs first and tcs will automatically be fixed.

my suggestion, each wheel would have a magnetic type speed sensor on the back of the brake rotor, remove every wheel and clean the sensor itself. chances are, they are just dirty...
then you can send me a $100 check when its all fixed lol

good luck!!!