Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bent rim & suspension damage?

Old 02-11-2003, 11:59 AM
vtec94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bent rim & suspension damage?

hey guys,

i ran over the big ass pothole like last year and bent one of my rim at the moment. by the way, it was the front passenger side rim.

after that incident, my steering wheel was all messed up, and i correct all problems having the alignment, it seemed everything was fixed, of course i had to get the new rim and new 4 tires.

after running 10k miles, i had an alignment done at the shop and they found that the front passenger side camber was extra -1 degree off compare to the front driver side camber.
since i have the adjustable camber kit, they have adjusted that the both sides are equal now at -1.3degrees.

my question is that, what could have gone wrong due to the pothole incident? 2shops have checked out the front suspension and they said they couldn't really find the obvious damage on it. but eventually there is something wrong with the front passenger side suspension, since the camber was off by -2.3 while the driver side was off only -1.3, and the camber kit were set at the same level at that time.

did i bent the hub area where the wheel is attached to? or ? i don't know....

please please advise!
thanks
Old 02-11-2003, 12:09 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

if you had the camber kit on before it happened, it probably slipped....if not, then something might have been bent...and if you're running -1.3 degrees of camber, it is good for taking a curve but really rough on your tires.....do u know the toe in/out and the caster....is it pulling anymore or anything like that....maybe have a body shop check it out, because they have a better eye for stuff that might be bent, and they even have the equipment to check it....
Old 02-11-2003, 12:11 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

and something else, if the hub or anything that spins with the wheel was bent, you'd more than likely get a really bad vibration out of it while driving, sometimes control arms bend,struts can bend, etc......
Old 02-11-2003, 06:50 PM
vtec94

Originally posted by fizzbob7
and something else, if the hub or anything that spins with the wheel was bent, you'd more than likely get a really bad vibration out of it while driving, sometimes control arms bend,struts can bend, etc......

yeah, my ride was hella bouncy after i bent the rim, but after i replaced w/ the brand new rim, the vibration was gone.

i'm running the koni yellows... i think the strut is fine, 'cause i checked it visually, but the bent strut won't cause that much of camber setting though....

like you've mentioned, i'm suspection the hub or control arm... shoot! i'll take a close look this weekend...
Old 02-11-2003, 06:52 PM
vtec94

Originally posted by fizzbob7
if you had the camber kit on before it happened, it probably slipped....if not, then something might have been bent...and if you're running -1.3 degrees of camber, it is good for taking a curve but really rough on your tires.....do u know the toe in/out and the caster....is it pulling anymore or anything like that....maybe have a body shop check it out, because they have a better eye for stuff that might be bent, and they even have the equipment to check it....

yeah the shop told me that they are fine, the toe setting has been adjusted so that my tires don't wear out extrememly.
the car doesn't pull right or left, it goes straight when traveling straing flat road.

well i thought the camber kit slipped too, but then when i checked it, it was just fine... now i'm suspecting the hub area or control arm or something....