Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GC coilovers whats your settings?

Old 02-05-2003, 12:50 PM
DerekH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GC coilovers whats your settings?

I am trying to set my GC coilovers for a more comfortable ride. What are your settings and how is the comfort level?
Old 02-05-2003, 01:35 PM
StickerMang

Its not all about the GC's. Running stock or struts not made for a lowered vehicle will effect your ride more then anything else. You need stiffer struts to match your stiffer spring rates. Check out the line of konis, their great.

Nate.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:39 PM
AcCO12D95

Default Re: GC coilovers whats your settings?

Originally posted by DerekH
I am trying to set my GC coilovers for a more comfortable ride. What are your settings and how is the comfort level?
What do you mean by setting the GC Coilovers? The only thing that you can set on those sleeves are the height, there is no dampening adjustability on those.

Like previously said by "StickerMang" you will need some performance shocks to get a better feel.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:56 PM
vtec94

yeah like what others were saying, coilover sleeves don't help too much of quality of ride.
if you are concerning too much of bounciness, you should set up really high on the sleeves, this if and only if you are running them on OEM shocks.

but i would go out and get a set of aftermarket struts(shocks), i'm running skunk2 w/ koni yellows, (3.25" front, 3" rear drops) and the ride is good!

$.02
Old 02-06-2003, 05:52 PM
importvizion

GC's set almost all the way up infront and 3/4 the way up in the rear (I think) and KYB AGX setting to 1 front and rear....Ride is not the most confortable, but for sure it's better than Skunk2's ride....it is not necessarily the heigher the better the ride quality but, the setup and aftermarket shocks. How much the installers maybe have cut your bumpstop could affect it too. Too much is not good for the car, if they didn't cut it enough that's bad too. But if u want ride quality you should hav gotten Coilover sleeves and gone with dampers. Gotta sacrifice a lil for what you pay for.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:56 AM
PmPiNAzNBoI
WaSsuP?

uHm.. I have mine to one finger gap all around, but not so much to where I hit on the bumpstops.