Notices

just picked up me Leather seats for my Accord

Old 02-06-2003, 04:05 PM
dreman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just picked up me Leather seats for my Accord

I just a few weeks ago got a 2001 Accord i4 LX and wanted Leather Interior, Well I just picked up me Leather seats for my Accord I only paid $380 on ebay for the front and back seats, tell me what you think. Is it hard labour to change my stock cloth seats and replace them with my new leather seats? Should I do it my self or take it to a shop. If someone is looking for seats I'm selling my cloth 2001 4DR Cloth seats make me an offer. I have pics below of the seats from my 2001 Satin Silver Accord. As well as the ebay link to the new leathers seats I just bought.

**************MY NEW LEATHER SEATS**************
Old 02-06-2003, 04:14 PM
patastinky

great deal!
Old 02-06-2003, 04:21 PM
0cean_man

Honestly, swapping the seats should be a fairly easy job. Don't pay some grease monkies to do what you could do yourself with minimal research.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:30 PM
dreman

Is there anyone that knows a website that gives you info on seat swaps?
Old 02-06-2003, 05:52 PM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

all i know is you rip out all the cloth part and cover the bare seats with the leather. I saw my friend do it, and personally, i thought it was a very hard job. But he works at an interio shop, so that wouldnt be anything to him. You can give it a try, but when i saw it, it didnt look too easy.h:
Old 02-06-2003, 06:04 PM
dreman

Oh bro I dident get a Leather Kit, I got the real OEM Honda Accord Leather seats. All I have to do is remove my old cloth seats and Mount the new leather seats to my car thats all.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Go-N-Low

I would not pay anyone, but expect to spend about 1hr on each seat...I know that sounds like alot of they can be a ***** to get the bolts to line up right...

Tip, Slide the seat all the way back...And make sure it is straight back, you will see that you can slide them unevenly when they are not bolted down...

Put the front ones in, but do not tighten all the way down until you have all the bolts in...

And not sure about your year but 4th gens have the sensor in the bottom of the seat for the fasten belt bulb, so check for anything connected to the seats before you yank them out
Old 02-06-2003, 06:15 PM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

Originally posted by dreman
Oh bro I dident get a Leather Kit, I got the real OEM Honda Accord Leather seats. All I have to do is remove my old cloth seats and Mount the new leather seats to my car thats all.
oh chit, my bad. I thought u bought the leather kit, which is pretty ghetto. But if u bought the seats, they should be a breeze. All ive done before is taken out the entire back seats and they took me about 25 minutes to do. I have never done the front seats so i wouldnt know, but it is really easy to swap seats. Good luck
Old 02-06-2003, 06:30 PM
dreman

Thanks bro, once I get these seats, and my rims , Grille, Cold Air Intake installed I will make sure to have pics up.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:40 PM
jschmid

Your lucky I didn't see that...I would have outbid you.

That's awesome. Nice work.