Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help vibration when driving

Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 AM
Sleeper00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help vibration when driving

this is what i have done to my 92 h22a accord, new tires, upper controls arms, lower arms, inner and outter tie rod, rebuilded both cv alxes, inner tie rod boots, the problem is my car have slight vibration when driving and when i took it to the highway beteween 75-80 mph, the whole car vibrates, when i stay at 1 speed, i mean the whole car vibrates , and when i let go the gas it will go away but it will come back and it does the same thing, but not everytime, it does it once a while, can some1 tell me what is the problem?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
xsmokey11499x

Well, by what I get out of it is, When you're on the highway. at a Certain speed. Your car starts vibrating, Does the steering wheel vibrate pretty hard?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Sleeper00

not just the wheel, the whole car vibrate bad, then i give more gas it will vibrate even more, when i let go gas then it will go away
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 AM
cruzalekz

this happened to me before but at a much lower speed 45mph to 50mph.
it was an axle that was about to break.

check the axles for excessive freeplay. you should also consider actually require you to do an alignment since you played with the tierods. rebalance front tires.

i personally think its a bad axle since with your description, the problem is torque sensitive so yeah. i put my money in the axles

Last edited by cruzalekz; 05-13-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Sleeper00

i just got both side axles rebulided by some local shop, but i m not sure they did it right, i should of buy them from autozone. i kinda think the axles problems, cos i m still getting popping noise when i make turns.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
xsmokey11499x

Originally Posted by Sleeper00
i just got both side axles rebulided by some local shop, but i m not sure they did it right, i should of buy them from autozone. i kinda think the axles problems, cos i m still getting popping noise when i make turns.

the popping noise when you turn, It's a pretty loud pop and it feels like it's under the seat hm?

my car has that same problem but, I would reccomend getting an alignment and have your tires balanced. my car also did that, when the CV joints went bad, I had both Front axles replaced. got an alignment and tires balanced, Now all i have is just that popping noise, and i think struts :P so, get the alignment/balance and let us know!

edit: also I noticed you had your axles rebuilt, It was actually cheaper for me to have them just replace both axles with brand new ones. Costed me i believe 150 for both.

Last edited by xsmokey11499x; 05-13-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Sleeper00

ok brand new tires and alignment done, yes the popping noise is from the front wheel, i can also feel the car slight virbrate when driving, well i m gonna take the axles out and let them look at it, i told them it got worst after they rebuilded the axles. the reason i let them rebuild the axles cos it only cost $40 each,i should pay $65 each at autozone at the first place, so i dont get this problem
Old 05-13-2009, 02:36 PM
xsmokey11499x

Originally Posted by Sleeper00
ok brand new tires and alignment done, yes the popping noise is from the front wheel, i can also feel the car slight virbrate when driving, well i m gonna take the axles out and let them look at it, i told them it got worst after they rebuilded the axles. the reason i let them rebuild the axles cos it only cost $40 each,i should pay $65 each at autozone at the first place, so i dont get this problem
slight vibration, in just the wheel or the whole car still? yea I would take the axles back to them and make them do it again.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Emmanuel

help vibration when driving
this is what i have done to my 92 h22a accord, new tires, upper controls arms, lower arms, inner and outter tie rod, rebuilded both cv alxes, inner tie rod boots, the problem is my car have slight vibration when driving and when i took it to the highway beteween 75-80 mph, the whole car vibrates, when i stay at 1 speed, i mean the whole car vibrates , and when i let go the gas it will go away but it will come back and it does the same thing, but not everytime, it does it once a while, can some1 tell me what is the problem?
__________________________________________________ _________________
Fixed Rate Self Certification Mortgages
Can Acai Berry Juice Cause Irregular Heartbeat Free Information Aspergers on Autism Test Layouts Treatments Forums
Old 05-14-2009, 11:16 PM
thisismatt

It does sound somewhat like a bad CV joint when you say it goes away when you let off the gas, as this unloads the joint and allows it to float more in the middle rather than pushing it into the worn area where it's out of alignment. It's usually the outer joints that fail first because they see more angularity. If you can find an empty parking lot or a cul-da-sac try making some tight turns (steering wheel locked all the way to one side or the other) while accelerating from a slow speed/stop. You'll want to be listening to the joint of the inside wheel of the turn as the inside wheel is angled more than the outside wheel during a turn, putting more stress on that CV joint, and this is when you'll be able to notice the popping/clicking the most.