Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94-95 h22 in 94 accord ?

Old 01-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-95 h22 in 94 accord ?

I need a header for my 94-95 h22 in my 94 accord. Whats some good header brands links? Im assuming that I use a prelude header right ?

Lemme know guyz thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the Prelude header.

As for brands...use Honda, the stock Prelude header for the H22 came in a 4-2-1 configuration and if you take it down and have a shop port match the header and the head to each other as well as have it bead blasted smooth inside then you get the same if not better performance than an aftermarket header for less money.

Its what I did with mine and the gains are no more and no less than any aftermarket header I would have bought.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Originally posted by Nightshade
Use the Prelude header.

As for brands...use Honda, the stock Prelude header for the H22 came in a 4-2-1 configuration and if you take it down and have a shop port match the header and the head to each other as well as have it bead blasted smooth inside then you get the same if not better performance than an aftermarket header for less money.

Its what I did with mine and the gains are no more and no less than any aftermarket header I would have bought.
Awesome, thank you for the detailed response. The header that came with my motor is all fuc*ed up and dented and **** so I just need to replace it with either stock or aftermarket. I guess im going to call around and try to find a stock header.. thanks though.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:05 PM
dantastic
cx power!

might as well go for a dc sports ceramic (for the h22a of course.) it works really well off the shelf, and costs ~$275 at most. you wont have to go thru the hassle of looking for a stock manifold and having it machined. the mild steel DC one willl be A LOT lighter, not to mention a lot better looking.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:10 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Greddy
Old 01-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dantastic
might as well go for a dc sports ceramic (for the h22a of course.) it works really well off the shelf, and costs ~$275 at most. you wont have to go thru the hassle of looking for a stock manifold and having it machined. the mild steel DC one willl be A LOT lighter, not to mention a lot better looking.
Yeah I looked at the DC and it is a great header......but......the ports arent matched to the head if you go this route.

To pull the head off the car and take it to the machine shop isn't that hard to do. A haynes manual walks you right through it. With the stock one the price is a little less and you get more out of the entire deal...and if you are into the sleeper look it helps a lot
Old 01-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Originally posted by dantastic
Can you show me where I can find a DC sports header for $275 ? everywhere I look its like $350+ Thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 09:44 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by Tenzo
Can you show me where I can find a DC sports header for $275 ? everywhere I look its like $350+ Thanks
$275 is probably for the CC coated and $350 is probably SS. Greddy is the best header for the money on a lude, should be around $380-400 shipped.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:54 AM
Tenzo
Mazada RX8 *drools*

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
$275 is probably for the CC coated and $350 is probably SS. Greddy is the best header for the money on a lude, should be around $380-400 shipped.
Ill take the CC coated header for $275 if someone can tell me where to find it lol. Ive been seeing $350+ for CC and SS so..

maybe im just looking in the wrong places, but I am still looking hehe.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:05 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by Tenzo
Ill take the CC coated header for $275 if someone can tell me where to find it lol. Ive been seeing $350+ for CC and SS so..

maybe im just looking in the wrong places, but I am still looking hehe.
hit up turboevo.com, I think he's around $310 shipped. the $275 price is what you could find them for a 2-3 years ago when groupbuycenter.com first cam on board. good luck finding it that low now.