Notices

header question

Old 12-08-2002, 03:46 PM
bulwinkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header question

what do you guys think about putting thermal tape on a dc sports header? do you think its worth the 50 bucks for the tape? what kind of hp gains would i get if any?
Old 12-08-2002, 08:26 PM
dave94ex
moded but still slow

thermal tape will lower the temperature of your engine bay which is a good thing. It will also increase the temperature of your exhaust gases therefore making them travel faster which is also a good thing. Wheter or not it's worth the $50 - I don't know. Probably not.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Suspension Guru

The owner's installation manuel that came from DC Sports specifically says NOT to put tape on like that. I remember reading when I put my DC Sports header on. I heard someone say the reason is because it would trap excess heat that could lead to metal fatique and or failure.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:40 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by Suspension Guru
The owner's installation manuel that came from DC Sports specifically says NOT to put tape on like that. I remember reading when I put my DC Sports header on. I heard someone say the reason is because it would trap excess heat that could lead to metal fatique and or failure.
I believe when it gets wet, it traps moisture and will make the header rust.

I don't think it's worth it unless you are roadracing or something, certainly not for a daily driver.