20.90%
Super/Premium
20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

What grade of gas do you use?

Old 12-04-2002, 11:47 AM
decibel_dj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

either 87 or 89 (whateva the cheap stuff is) cuz all accords were built to run the same on any grade gas so why send the extra cash. i just get a injector cleaner every few fill ups
Old 12-04-2002, 02:25 PM
illusion

87 in the accord, 89 in the boat, 91 in the wifes M, 93 or 91 with additive for the bike, and the good ol green pump for the truck
Old 12-05-2002, 01:16 AM
jasonh1234

Wow. I'm surprised at the results. I guessed most people would be "plus".
Old 12-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Dreamer

Originally posted by VTECseoul
its not always the octane that is best. Shell, British Petroleum, & Texaco are the best in the industry - in that order. Exxon/Mobil, Chevron, Conoco, Amoco, & many others are just the exact same Co. becuz they are owned by the Rockefeller's American Oil Co. History Channel did a show about gasoline. they are all the same act exept for the imported gas Co.s - Shell & BP; Texaco is the best for US but they got bought by Shell. the difference is that cleaning agent & how it is refined, even gas in winter is different than in summertime. so buy Shell/Texaco, or British Petroleum if in your area.

haven't ya'll learned yet, everything imported is better quality - even the gasoline & oil; yet 60% of our oil is from OPEC.
Did you know BP and Amoco are joining together? hmmm.. I think I better change to Shell instead of using 90 octane at Mobil. Guess I should stop using mobil oil too.. Alrite where do u Texaco, Exxon, Chevron, and Conoco?
Old 12-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Ryu
Team Exgen

I feel sorry for you doods....

I thought we had pretty shabby fuel but hey it aint perfect...

Here down under Premium fuel is 98 and Regular ULP is 95
Old 12-07-2002, 07:50 PM
VTECseoul
i love my wife's (y)

Originally posted by Dreamer
Did you know BP and Amoco are joining together? hmmm.. I think I better change to Shell instead of using 90 octane at Mobil. Guess I should stop using mobil oil too.. Alrite where do u Texaco, Exxon, Chevron, and Conoco?
motor oil is under a different refining process than gasoline, for whatever reason even Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette dealers & Daimler Chrysler recommend Mobil 1. yet Honda dealers solely use Castrol. & pro racers use Royal Purple - oil is your own choice.

& i was already corrected about Amoco & BP. Mobil is joined w/ Exxon already & so many other Co.s are under the Rockefellers of American Standard Oil Co. let me put it this way, i used Diamond Shamrock/Total 87 oct. for over a year. i put in 1 tank of 87 Texaco (partners w/ Shell) & it ran like 93 & a fresh oil change by the middle of 2nd tank; i was at my 4K mile interval, BTW. a few different ppl say they had family work for Shell in the past & say it's the best (but i never really paid attention until the History Channel show) & a couple turbo guys i know only put in Texaco or Philips 66. bottom line, i will only use Texaco/Shell until something else changes my mind.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:55 AM
SlvrBulletV6

Originally posted by KMFDM
a common misunderstanding is that the higher the number, the better it is, considering it is more expensive. Your engine is designed to run 87 so use 87, using a higher grade gas is not only a waste of money, it actually does not perform as well in your engine.
A magazine did some researched about this, forgot if its motor track etc?
Anyways they did the 6gen accord which proved the above quote.
They also compared/tested other cars but accord was like the only that LOST power (very minimal tho) but basically, why waste money? HONDA makes the most gas efficient cars! I think the 6gen accord is the only V6 that can run on regular. (i think my manual says 86 is ok...but we only have 87 in kali)

Usually luxery cars uses premium and FI cars need premium but thats about it.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:06 PM
95AccordV6

About every 4 or 5 times of using 89 octane gas, I would put in 1 or 2 times of 91 octane gas for my 95 Accord.