Notices

Need Advice - dealer issues

Old 06-07-2008, 11:09 AM
swink29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice - dealer issues

I have a 2007 Accord EX, and have already taken the car to the dealer 3 times for bad rear window motors. Everytime I go supposedly they "fix" them, but then a month later, they sound horrible again. Right before I took my car in for the 3rd time, a bulletin came out regarding this. So, I took the car back, the left rear one sounds fine, but the right rear sounds like crap again. So, this week I called a different Honda dealer and one of the service reps told me that because my car had already been fixed "under the bulletin" they could not do anything. I then asked if my warranty would cover it, and they said "no"...so I then said "basically I am SOL then...is what you are saying" and the guy said "yep". Is that true? I can't believe that there is nothing that can be done. The car is almost 1 yr old, and has 12,000 miles.. I am firm with them everytime I go in there (i'm a girl)...and I work in Auto Claims for an insurance company, so I am fairly knowledgeable about the way body shops operate, and I am still havign this problem.

I just want to know if anyone has heard of a dealer basically saying that since a vehicle has been fixed under a bulletin, there is NOTHING they can do, and that the warranty won't come into effect?!?!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
BONE

I wouln't stand for that I would contact Honda and tell them your problem. The car is still under warranty so they should honor the situation any way. The car is only 1 years old not 20 good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:34 PM
DOZ5

They did not fix it correctly. You should contact the Honda representative in your area and say that this is unacceptable!