Notices

Passenger Side Break Line is Leaking

Old 06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
mlm2588

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Break Line is Leaking

O.K. so i was replacing the brakes in my 96 Accord and when i got done with the rear brakes i got into my car and started to pump the brakes to tighten the control arm back up (the one the runs through the top spring that is between the shoes) it gave me some resistance at first then when i went to pump the last time the petal went all the way to the floor. when i went to the back of the car to check out the rear brakes i noticed that i was leaking break fluid, but the leak is coming from the center of the car. SO this has to be the passenger side rear break line, right? im 99.9% sure that it is. What i think the problem is that the line was rusted so when i was pumping the brake petal i just popped the line, does this sound like that could be it?

But my next question is it appears that the line runs up and over my fuel tank. in order to replace this line would i have to drop the fuel tank to get to the leak? i was going to try to DIY but if i have to drop the gas tank im just going to pay someone to do it...

I need help with this one so any insight would be great

Last edited by mlm2588; 06-02-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have fun! Looks like that line goes all the way to the front of the car...

You might be able to cut the line somewhere & use compression fittings to repair? But if it's leaking back there, then ALL those lines are probably getting ready to leak.