Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

92 accord camber kit caused problems...

Old 11-09-2002, 05:29 AM
accordtunerx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 accord camber kit caused problems...

ok i have a problem here that i need some feedback on...

I just bought an intrax camber kit for my 92 accord EX... i had a shop install it and realign my car... so i am now in alignment despite the lowering job i had done a few months ago... now, after i left the shop from getting it installed, i noticed that my car was riding 2x as worse as it was before i had the kit installed... i'm talking about the ride quality... the front end took bumps bad... like, my car was bottoming out EVERYWHERE.... i parked the car, got out and pressed down on the hood/front end of the car and there was like no absorption... it was hitting the frame. I pressed down on the trunk/rear end of the car and it was fine... it was bouncing like it should... i only had a front camber kit installed - so that is the problem. When i'm driving, it feels like there are no shocks... like, i'm just riding on the frame... because i FEEL every little dip or bump in the road. Does anyone know why this could be? There are a couple of theories to why my car is riding rough now... One is that the shocks are now shot:

"if the shocks were like this b4 /-----\.. u know.. the seals on the top of the shocks took a beating..and prolly went bad.. plus the camber on them wore them out.. and they were sticking because of it.. thats why the car didnt ride as rouch and nowthat they are liek this |-----| theres no more sticking and the seals or shot.."

another is that the springs got compressed and the coils are now touching because of the camber plates adding 1" to the bottom of the shock tower and i need to have them loosened up... but if i get them loosened up, - won't my car raise up?

what does everyone think happened and i should do?

thanks
Old 11-09-2002, 10:28 AM
usc

i'm not familiar with the "intrax" camber kit. but if it's anything like the ingalls... then most likely, the problem you have is because the control arm is pushed too far out inside the fender. so now it's touching the fender.
Old 11-12-2002, 10:58 AM
JDMRacer

Default Yeha

Yeha... Yeha
Old 11-13-2002, 04:10 PM
accord92

it is your a arm hitting the top of your wheel well. i had to notch mine...which is cuttin a hole out of the top of the wheel well so the a arm can raise up all the way. i did it to mine with a plasma torch. it fixed all my problems. I am 99.9% sure this is what your problem is. PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:10 AM
v4lu3s

thats normal if you correct more than 1 degree or so of negative camber. you need to either reduce the correction....or cut holes/notch the inner fender.
most camber ktis come with instructions stating that there may be interference, and suggest checkg for interference BEFORE driving on the orad.